Let’s see some POWER WAGONS!

nater

Adventurer
I definitely recommend replacing it with an aluminum deep sump unit from ATS, aFe, Mag Hytech, B&M or BD Diesel or something similar. I'll replace mine when I go in for the first engine oil change and I'll have the Amsoil guy replace the filter at the same time.

All these folks make a pan for the 8speed?

jadmt

ignore button user
I have a dethloff skid and it took about 2X as long to get as he said it would. He recently came out and said he has stopped taking orders until he was caught up. I am surprised someone else has not started making them as there is a high demand for them.

dna

Went from an 06’ LX470 to the wagon. Moving things over. Dethloff rack is being built to take on the Falcon XL. Fridge setup being built for the bed as well so I can move over the ARB 50qt. Trying to decide where to put the ARB compressor, might build a box and put in spare location

What did you use to mount your spare in the bed behind the cab? I contacted SDHQ to see if their chase rack would work, but I'm finding out that the options are quite limited with the Rambox's.

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Yeah I know it will. I wanted to keep those for other things besides the compressor. But I have seen a lot of installs in there. Someone makes a plate for the boxes and there is also a plate for under the drivers seat.

Dethloff makes a plate for the Rambox for the twin air compressor

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4383.jpeg
    IMG_4383.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49

Explorerinil

Observer
So what's next?
I went to order an f250 with a 7.3 4x4 and 4:30 gears (laugh all you want since I don’t care for fords). The large interior and the 7.3 with the 10 speed really appealed to what I do and need since the inside of the power wagon was pretty small and I heard constant complaints from my wife. I also should mention that I could not stand the mds on the 6.4 hemi, while the truck was totally problem free, the small interior with a growing family and the mds were things I could not get over. When getting ready to order the truck I wanted the dealer had a similar one minus upfitter switches and the rubber floor, I talked them down 3k off list for there truck on the lot. I got the following for 54k.

2021 f250
tremor
velocity blue
xlt premium
7.3 10 speed 4:30 gears
rear wheel well liners
counsol vault
ford performance rubber floor mats
ford factory bed liner with swing cases
ford winch is on back order still

I ordered a retrax pro xr and that’s all I’m doing for mods, loving a gas truck with a 400 mile range on 87 octane.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I went to order an f250 with a 7.3 4x4 and 4:30 gears (laugh all you want since I don’t care for fords). The large interior and the 7.3 with the 10 speed really appealed to what I do and need since the inside of the power wagon was pretty small and I heard constant complaints from my wife. I also should mention that I could not stand the mds on the 6.4 hemi, while the truck was totally problem free, the small interior with a growing family and the mds were things I could not get over. When getting ready to order the truck I wanted the dealer had a similar one minus upfitter switches and the rubber floor, I talked them down 3k off list for there truck on the lot. I got the following for 54k.

2021 f250
tremor
velocity blue
xlt premium
7.3 10 speed 4:30 gears
rear wheel well liners
counsol vault
ford performance rubber floor mats
ford factory bed liner with swing cases
ford winch is on back order still

I ordered a retrax pro xr and that’s all I’m doing for mods, loving a gas truck with a 400 mile range on 87 octane.

Congrats! It's a sweet truck and you should enjoy it. I do find that the cabin size and layout of the Ford Super Duty is more spacious and user friendly than that of the RAM, unless of course you get the Mega Cab and it has it's detractors as well. Real world fuel economy with the 7.3L isn't as good as they billed it to be, but it's no worse than the PW and should be slightly better. Post some pics when you get around to it.

Explorerinil

Observer
Congrats! It's a sweet truck and you should enjoy it. I do find that the cabin size and layout of the Ford Super Duty is more spacious and user friendly than that of the RAM, unless of course you get the Mega Cab and it has it's detractors as well. Real world fuel economy with the 7.3L isn't as good as they billed it to be, but it's no worse than the PW and should be slightly better. Post some pics when you get around to it.
It’s amazing the size of the super duty cab and bed, but that comes with a down side, the truck does have some blind spots and has a much larger turning radius. Yes the mpg isn’t great, hand calculated I’m at 13.3 with 400 miles per tank, that’s taking it easy. But i figure, a big block, 4:30 gears, 35 inch tires and the aerodynamics of a brick, that’s not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles