Let’s see some DIY On-Board air setups!

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Looking at add air to my truck. It might get hooked up directly to my airbags, but I want to be able to pump other stuff up too, I.e. tires, SUP’s, tools…
ARB with a tank?
Vlair?
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgaz

Adventurer
Check out the link to this well built system.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im running my 100%duty cycle 450C VIAIR & tank alongside the passenger side frame, tucked up behind the running boards with a remote filtered intake.

Rubber isolated mounts, custom cradle, & plumbed to a 3 gallon tank with a 90/110 pressure switch.
Even with a gas engine, you can barely hear the thing running.

Its tied to the in cab air bag controls and has quick connects on both side of the truck for air hookups.

47209779462_f106660a84_b.jpg

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Im running my 100%duty cycle 450C VIAIR & tank alongside the passenger side frame, tucked up behind the running boards with a remote filtered intake.

Rubber isolated mounts, custom cradle, & plumbed to a 3 gallon tank with a 90/110 pressure switch.
Even with a gas engine, you can barely hear the thing running.

Its tied to the in cab air bag controls and has quick connects on both side of the truck for air hookups.

47209779462_f106660a84_b.jpg

PM sent

86scotty

Cynic
Not really great pics but here's the setup I just did on my Express AWD van. I was planning to put together my own system but happened to be looking at compressors on Amazon Prime day a couple weeks ago. When I clicked on a Viair compressor the website informed me that I had bought this OBA system 2 times previous and that day it was $80 cheaper than the last one I bought for a customer's build about 4 years previous. Too good a deal to pass up.

UPS had it to me 2 days later and I installed it the night before we left for a Colorado off-road trip last week.

Anyway, compressor hidden in Aluminess rear bumper, one chuck only because I have a 50' hose. I have one port left on the tank and I plan to rig up a coil hose air blower in the cab under the driver's seat like tractor trailers have to keep the interior clean. I'll post up that project when I get to it.

CO by 16Rhino, on Flickr

CO by 16Rhino, on Flickr

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Not really great pics but here's the setup I just did on my Express AWD van. I was planning to put together my own system but happened to be looking at compressors on Amazon Prime day a couple weeks ago. When I clicked on a Viair compressor the website informed me that I had bought this OBA system 2 times previous and that day it was $80 cheaper than the last one I bought for a customer's build about 4 years previous. Too good a deal to pass up.

UPS had it to me 2 days later and I installed it the night before we left for a Colorado off-road trip last week.

Anyway, compressor hidden in Aluminess rear bumper, one chuck only because I have a 50' hose. I have one port left on the tank and I plan to rig up a coil hose air blower in the cab under the driver's seat like tractor trailers have to keep the interior clean. I'll post up that project when I get to it.

CO by 16Rhino, on Flickr

CO by 16Rhino, on Flickr

Looks great!!

86scotty

Cynic
Keep in mind these little suckers get hot. Choose location accordingly. The fan Herbie rigged up is a good idea.

Also, you can get the Viair pressure regulator with several different pressure ranges on Amazon (or anywhere else) pretty reasonably priced. That's what I was looking for when I found the sale on the complete kit I got.

gatorgrizz27

Here’s my setup, I went with the ARB single unit. IMO there’s not a whole lot of point in small tanks, and these compressors won’t easily fill a large tank. I wanted mine mounted outside the vehicle so using it when it’s cold, raining, mosquito filled etc, wouldn’t require having any doors open, not to mention the noise.

LR3’s have an empty battery box on the driver’s side, so I stuck it in there along with the switch and air hose fitting. It keeps it clean/dry and requires taking the lid off to use it so heat buildup isn’t a major concern. I carry 2 air hoses and the ARB inflator, deflator, and plug kit that stay in the vehicle all of the time.

6C455A2B-16A4-4EC9-A18E-A772AD697891.jpeg

Wiring these thing correctly is also important, as they can draw quite a few amps. I’m not a fan of having a bunch of junk stacked on a battery terminal, so I ran an 80A fuse feeding a heavy wire over to a buss bar next to the compressor. It runs off that with a stepped down fuse, and gives me a place to power the driving lights and interior aux fuse block.

C6890AC7-5AF8-4939-B739-8C1AB71EC522.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94