lens help!!!

hi hoping for some help in lens adapter, my camera is a canon t6i, grandfather pass me a lena is a Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6, the think I don understand is the type how to now the diameter of the adapter so I can use this lens on my canon, can some on help me?

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Is this your lens? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...V315030BU000_40_150Mm_F_4_5_6_R_M_Zuiko.html#!

If so, your lens is a micro four thirds (m4/3) lens. I do not think there is an adapter to adapt a m4/3 lens to a Canon body. There are adapters for Canon lenses to m4/3 cameras.

You can pick up a cheap used m4/3 camera (Olympic and Panasonic use the same mount as your lens) at places like KEH - https://www.keh.com/shop/cameras/di...77|nw:g|rnd:9458080861882647357|dvc:m|adp:1t2
thanks for the reply mtnbike28, and yes that's the lens, well don't now what to do with it, gona store away and see if can purchase a 4/3 camera, again thank's for the info

pmatusov

AK6PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but the only difference between micro four thirds and four thirds is that in the "micro" version the sensor sits much closer to the flange of the lens. Design-wise, it was to make the camera and lenses more compact; the additional benefit of a MFT camera that you can use "bigger brother" lenses with adapters - the "back focal length" of four-third or full-frame lenses is longer than the distance between the lens flange and sensor face. For example, I use an Olympus film camera 50mm F1.4 lens and Four-thirds Olympus 18-180mm zoom lens with Olympus E-M10 MFT camera.

Conversely, the camera you have has the distance between the lens flange and sensor larger than the "back focal length" of the lens, so your best bet is to either sell the lens, or buy an MFT camera.
That said, I have not been impressed with Olympus M.Zuiko-branded MFT lenses. Not at all.

actually is for sale, dont have use for the lens right now, and not wanting to buy another camera, got a new camera 4 months ago, and order a new lens, my pockets are not the dip right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles