Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Need some help identifying these, do I have OEM or non-OEM CVs?

What I am looking at. Top is what came out, bottom is LT axle. Wondering if I got the wrong LT axles or I don't have OEM CVs.

33655004741_dfaab04bb9_c.jpg

LCA came in from Solo within a few days, nice to have them ship out so fast. AC arms are on their way back. Solo offered me a reamer to modify the AC arms myself or the new set of arms. Since I don't have a press, I was concerned I couldn't drill it straight, they shipped me a new set of arms that were reamed off center. :rolleyes:

Other stuff I went to install one of the passenger side shock, and its leaking. The oring on the hydraulic line was misaligned.... wonderful. I'll have it repaired locally, as I don't want to deal with King customer service over an o-ring.

Need to sort out the axles. I thought I had OE CVs from a pic I saw online, but I have no idea. I also have zero confidence Solo shipped me the right axles.

Last edited:

scheefdog

Observer
Need some help identifying these, do I have OEM or non-OEM CVs?

33285510910_33731b7de4_c.jpg

What I am looking at. Top is what came out, bottom is LT axle. Wondering if I got the wrong LT axles or I don't have OEM CVs.

33655004741_dfaab04bb9_c.jpg

LCA came in from Solo within a few days, nice to have them ship out so fast. AC arms are on their way back. Solo offered me a reamer to modify the AC arms myself or the new set of arms. Since I don't have a press, I was concerned I couldn't drill it straight, they shipped me a new set of arms that were reamed off center. Other stuff I went to install one of the passenger side shock, and its leaking. The oring on the hydraulic line was misaligned.... wonderful. I'll have it repaired locally, as I don't want to deal with King customer service over an o-ring.

Need to sort out the axles. I thought I had OE CVs from a pic I saw online, but I have no idea. I also have zero confidence Solo shipped me the right axles.

Those are definitely OEM. The stickers and the way the upper rubber boot connects is unique to OEM.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Ordered the axles from Camburg last week, returning these axles to Solo. Camburg is out a month, but at this point would rather wait that continue to deal with Solo. SUA kit and hangers from Archive also have been ordered. Monday I drop off the passenger front damper to a local guy. He's going to replace the o-ring that was crushed during assembly of the reservoir, and refill the oil.

More goodies arrived today from Filthy Motorsports, 2.5 bumps and rear by bypass. Matt at MCM gave me an update on the rear, the canti is at the powdercoater. Getting closer to get all the parts for the rear.

Last edited:

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Folding Mirrors

Dont why I decided to do this, got nothing else to do while I wait. I ended up with a bum mirror, so I am sourcing another on ebay before I button it back up on the drivers side.

Mod: Power folding heated mirrors w/ backlit mirror switch.

Parts:
  1. Sequoia Limited 7 pin mirrors (heated, power folding). My Tundra has heated, manual folding mirrors.
  2. Mirror w/ power fold button: 84872-52040, recommend the replica on ebay with the pigtail
  3. If you want an illuminated one, you need 84870-28040, and if you want to change the backlight color, you need a SMD LED and follow this link (link). Other options are out there
  4. Female plug for the larger mirror plug x2: 90980-10798
  5. Inserts x4: 82998-12330
  6. Inserts x2, smaller size than 12330 for the mirror switch. I had some extras not certain of part number

Notes: If your yard pulled mirror runs continuously, its faulty.

(add pic of red backlit mirror)

Wiring pin out, note the car side and the mirror for a given vehicle have different color wires on the male and female side of the connector on the door.

33100467314_dbef4c4cff_c.jpg

Remove the tweeter trim. Remove the window buttons. Remove the door panel by removing the covers, pins, and phillips crews. Pull the panel starting at the bottom and work your way around. The door handle slides back and then rotate it and feed it through the panel. Mirror comes off with the few 10mm nuts.

On the plug, lift the retaining clip, depin, test, and relocate the inserts to the new connector. Shown here is the sequoia mirror installed

Pin 9 and 10 on the mirror switch go to the folding mirror pin 1, 2 as above. Build a Y harness and run it from the mirror switch to the D and P doors.

vid here of the completed swap.

This will probably be irrelevant since my tires will be sticking out farther than the norm. :)

Last edited:
I've got some info on my CV boot swap in my thread. Grease is messy and the snapring can be a pain but that's it. I put the ORS hi angle orange inner and a new outter on. 20K and no issues.
I did the exact same thing on 05 Tundra DC when I added new UCAs and the Kings. No problems since (knock on wood)

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Matt says the rear is back from the powder coater, but don't expect to get it though till next week. Archive shackles came in.

I also grabbed a Seq power/heated passenger seat and stripepd it down to the frame. My leather is pretty perfect and just need the electrical and trim on the Seq seat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke