LED Light Bars; Post Up Pics

KaiserM715

Adventurer
As a follow up, here is my current setup:
Hood: Baja Designs Squadron XL
Bumper (center): Rigid E Series 20"
Bumper (cutouts): KC Hilites LZR Cubes
I got a new bumper and replaced my 20" and LZR cubes with two 30" KC Flex leds (one spot, one combo) and a pair of Flex duals (flood). I still have the Squadrons on the hood).
B02 - Overall.jpg

Here is a write-up on my install:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/kc-hilites-flex-led-install-41816/

Wolvee

Adventurer
The OP seems to not be fond of Rigid for some reason which is totally ok but having the correct information before making a judgement is another thing. When compared no other brand goes through the same quality testing, torture testing and backs everything they produce like Rigid does. There is a reason all these other brands feel the need to always compare to Rigid — Rigid is the best on the market. Its not just about being bright either — Rigids last longer and stay cooler.

Just my two cents on why I have been running Rigid's for the past few years. At first I was like some though and didn't want to spend a lot of money but I didn't want the bitterness of poor quality to remain long after the sweetness of a low price.

40" SR Series under the roof rack and 20" SR Series in the Rigid Grille Kit.
IMG_49992.jpg

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

KaiserM715

Adventurer
awesome set up, how is the light output from the flexes?
Take a look at my post above (#286) to the testing I did this year. They did very well and the flexibility in setting them up (beam patterns and bar size) can't be beat. The 30" spot bar put out as much light as a 50" Rigid.
thanks for doing the light testing. hopefully you can get an e2 rigid light in there instead of the e-series next time. my e2 blows away my e series in output
That would be nice, but I can only test what folks show up with. Rigid has somewhat fallen out of favor in the Raptor community due to the leak issues they were having a couple of years ago.

F40

Adventurer
thanks for doing the light testing. hopefully you can get an e2 rigid light in there instead of the e-series next time. my e2 blows away my e series in output

Agreed! My 20" E2 looks equal to the pics with all of the KC's on. Hard to compare with pics though.

KaiserM715

Adventurer
Kaizer, how well do the squadrons work?
They do well, for what they are. They are not as bright as an equivalent sized HID, but are the best of the LEDs in that size range (I'm betting that a quad pack KC Flex setup would be similar) and are brighter than the equivalent sized VisionX Light Cannons.

Agreed! My 20" E2 looks equal to the pics with all of the KC's on. Hard to compare with pics though.
Doing a comparision with pics is EXTREMELY hard to do (camera settings, ambient light, etc.), that is why I have been doing the comparision testing. The lux meter gives you hard data. I doubt the E2 would get more light downrange than the Flex due to the much smaller reflector. Optics make the light.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
They do well, for what they are. They are not as bright as an equivalent sized HID, but are the best of the LEDs in that size range (I'm betting that a quad pack KC Flex setup would be similar) and are brighter than the equivalent sized VisionX Light Cannons.

Doing a comparision with pics is EXTREMELY hard to do (camera settings, ambient light, etc.), that is why I have been doing the comparision testing. The lux meter gives you hard data. I doubt the E2 would get more light downrange than the Flex due to the much smaller reflector. Optics make the light.

Interesting. have you tried the XL-R pro? I have been trying to preach the optics deal as well. It does not matter how many LED you have in your bar, if you have these little tiny reflectors, they are not going to get down the road.

KaiserM715

Adventurer
Interesting. have you tried the XL-R pro? I have been trying to preach the optics deal as well. It does not matter how many LED you have in your bar, if you have these little tiny reflectors, they are not going to get down the road.
The ones I have are the same as the XL Pro (the R indicates a round front vs the squarish front), but came out before the smaller Squadrons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles