LED Campfire?

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
With all the fire bans here in the west, including propane campfires in some areas, I was wondering if anyone makes a LED substitute. It’s seems to me a small light with a nice yellow/orange glow that also flickers could add some ambiance even if no warmth. I have a LUCI Light that switches several colors when set to auto. I’ll bet they could build one.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BPD53

https://www.indoorcampfires.com/

We have one of these for indoor Cub Scout events that require ceremonial fire. It works very good. Have used it for Halloween as well. Very realistic and definitely creates the atmosphere when you can't have a real fire.

I thought I had seen everything. Glad I got my Eagle before these were invented.

I promise I'll never take my ability to build a fire anywhere I want in WV for granted.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who can't have a real fire at a campout. There is nothing better than wood smoke from a campfire.

Westy

Adventurer
The amount of human caused forest fires is becoming a problem in the southwest. The conditions here are not suitable for fires and unfortunately too many uneducated and selfish people are causing these large fires.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Brilliant !
But stupid as its a single use thing. Better solution is at least 3 flatscreen TVs and campfire video. The scene can be changed including sound effects to enhance & suit the ’Expo environment.

Now run generator to simulate campfire.

This kind of BS is seldom seen on ExPo. Grow up!

john61ct

Adventurer
Those laser projection thingies used for protests and art installations could probably do something mesmerizing.

Bet one day 3D hologram projection campfires will be a thing.

https://www.indoorcampfires.com/

We have one of these for indoor Cub Scout events that require ceremonial fire. It works very good. Have used it for Halloween as well. Very realistic and definitely creates the atmosphere when you can't have a real fire.
I thought I had seen everything. Glad I got my Eagle before these were invented.

I promise I'll never take my ability to build a fire anywhere I want in WV for granted.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who can't have a real fire at a campout. There is nothing better than wood smoke from a campfire.

Glad you got your Eagle. Fear not, these are only for indoors, when you cant have real fire. Scouts still make campfires everywhere we go, outdoors. Sometimes inside needs the look too. Scouts are still scouts.

1000arms

With all the fire bans here in the west, including propane campfires in some areas, I was wondering if anyone makes a LED substitute. It’s seems to me a small light with a nice yellow/orange glow that also flickers could add some ambiance even if no warmth. I have a LUCI Light that switches several colors when set to auto. I’ll bet they could build one.

Ace

https://www.amazon.com/CHAUVET-DJ-Simulated-Flame-Effect/dp/B002OJBWLQ might be what you are looking for.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I normally would thing this was pretty lame. But at the moment I am breathing in forest fire smoke while at my house. I wish more people would use LED campfires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles