LED Campfire?

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
We need:
Less people
Smarter people
And we need to realize that our 100 plus years of suppressing wildfires HAS created a massive problem that will only get worse as the earth heats up even more. Bark beetles..... start your engines... People want to move out into the forest, but they don’t want us to RX burn anything. They don’t want us to thin the forest out (many ways to do that). People don’t want to be inconvenienced an any way. That’s the problem. Hell Ive been inconvenienced this weekend because I wanted to go rafting and the goddamn forest access road was close (due to fire). In the rain I might add. Ugh I need a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danfromsyr

Adventurer
like the kind that have a campfire on the beach with pallet wood full of nails.
that's ok, they've left their beer bottles (or tequila) behind so you can pick them up once you've stepped on one.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
We need:
Less people
Smarter people
And we need to realize that our 100 plus years of suppressing wildfires HAS created a massive problem that will only get worse as the earth heats up even more. Bark beetles..... start your engines... People want to move out into the forest, but they don’t want us to RX burn anything. They don’t want us to thin the forest out (many ways to do that). People don’t want to be inconvenienced an any way. That’s the problem. Hell Ive been inconvenienced this weekend because I wanted to go rafting and the goddamn forest access road was close (due to fire). In the rain I might add. Ugh I need a beer.
We couldn't go wheeling yesterday because of something worse.
Got up to a fork in the trail and there was traffic.
Traffic.
In the woods. Regular passenger cars, old junkers, loads of them. All over the place.

So I backed up, went the other way, and ran into a bunch of FS rangers from all over the place.
????
I stopped and conversated with the rangers. "What's with all the cars?" I asked.
"Hippies," says the ranger. "They're having a thing here. They have one every year somewhere; this year it's here. ...I'm sorry...."

Who'd a-thunk it in Georgia. The woods were closed for hippies.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
We need:
Less people
Smarter people
We couldn't go wheeling yesterday because of something worse.
Got up to a fork in the trail and there was traffic.
Traffic.
In the woods. Regular passenger cars, old junkers, loads of them. All over the place.

So I backed up, went the other way, and ran into a bunch of FS rangers from all over the place.
????
I stopped and conversated with the rangers. "What's with all the cars?" I asked.
"Hippies," says the ranger. "They're having a thing here. They have one every year somewhere; this year it's here. ...I'm sorry...."

Who'd a-thunk it in Georgia. The woods were closed for hippies.

Probably the Rainbows. I have run into them in Illinois and Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yeah, looks like it was in Georgia this time. We had it here a few years ago, they descend on an area for a week then MOST leave...

https://www.welcomehome.org/sites/annual-site.html
Yeah, that's our stomping grounds.
The red dot is where they were heading: https://goo.gl/maps/pFoUcFrMqSx The other dot is where I encountered them ---- there used to be a ranger station there, it was demolished and it's a sorta parking area for people that mountain bike. Looks like they couldn't find the Bull Mountain Campground (horse camping anyhow) and were heading to Jones Creek instead. Their city vehicles would have a tough time on that stretch of fs road so they most likely found flat spots and squatted.

Here's a little slideshow of us in that area a little over 9 years ago before the fs graded the roads. It was cleaner back then, harder to get to, more fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles