Leather Holster manufacturers

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Ask about holsters on any gun focused page and you're bound to get lots of good, bad and biased info.

What custom, craft made type holsters are you using? What do you like or dislike about the product or maker?
There are the usual commercial brands like Alien Gear, Blackhawk, Galco etc. Not looking for those. Rather support the small guy.

Leather not kydex....

jadmt

ignore button user
Back before I turned all my guns in for butter, I loved my outbags holsters. probably not the one off type you are looking for but all day comfort inside waist band..https://www.outbagsusa.com

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have a Bell Charter Oak Holster IWB holster for my Mustang. Very few holster makers make a IWB with a belt clip high up on the pistol so the pistol sits at the belt line. This puts the majority of the pistol below the belt line. Most other IWB holsters put the pistol above the waistband.

mustang2.jpgmustang1.jpg

perterra

Adventurer
El Paso Saddlery and Bullard Leather among the smaller shops.

Galco and Bianchi among the big shops. Hard to find a more comfortable IWB that a Bianchi 100 in my opinion.

But it really depends on what you want.

VanWaLife

Well I've had good luck with Ted Blocker and MLC custom shop. Both great in terms of listening to what I wanted and producing it. But not great at estimating time frame. Pretty typical for small businesses of all types, including mine, so I always try to be as patient as possible and I've gotten really good results giving folks all the time they need to deliver something.

DrkBlue

Alex at American Classic Gun Leather.
Check his work out on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057597304069
You will get the craftmanship vibe right away.
He did a very nice commission for me last year, which is up on the Facebook.

I have other custom holsters, but Alex is where I would send people these days. Fine communication, pricing and speed but I just like his style and willingness to build what you want.
4713FCD6-B706-42A3-8C41-3550D6CD8548.jpeg

The pre-made pattern holster folks who don’t get enough respect is Don Hume. I don’t love all their holster designs, but I love their belts like nothing else.

There are also some boutique makers that have certain platforms just dialed in - such as Privateer for the Browning HP. Any particular handgun in mind? I have a SP101 holster in mind for myself in the near future.

Explorerinil

Observer
Ask about holsters on any gun focused page and you're bound to get lots of good, bad and biased info.

What custom, craft made type holsters are you using? What do you like or dislike about the product or maker?
There are the usual commercial brands like Alien Gear, Blackhawk, Galco etc. Not looking for those. Rather support the small guy.

Leather not kydex....
What are your needs? As a person that carries a pistol on his hip every day for the last 20 years I can tell you if I can get weight off my hips I take every opertunity. For work we use safari land in black leather basket weave. I still have the same low ride level one holster for the 1911 I have carried for 20 years. Off duty I got a horse leather holster for the .38 smith I carry made by Kramer. It’s also a damn good holster. When I’m hiking or hunting or just going on a long camping trip, my holster of choice is a diamond d custom leather chest holster.

Explorerinil

Observer
Alex at American Classic Gun Leather.
Check his work out on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057597304069
You will get the craftmanship vibe right away.
He did a very nice commission for me last year, which is up on the Facebook.

I have other custom holsters, but Alex is where I would send people these days. Fine communication, pricing and speed but I just like his style and willingness to build what you want.
View attachment 682168

The pre-made pattern holster folks who don’t get enough respect is Don Hume. I don’t love all their holster designs, but I love their belts like nothing else.

There are also some boutique makers that have certain platforms just dialed in - such as Privateer for the Browning HP. Any particular handgun in mind? I have a SP101 holster in mind for myself in the near future.
Don Hume holsters a fair, I remember we got a contract and bought them for a couple years, they didn’t hold up like safari land so we switched back. Their Off duty holsters were decent, but again didn’t hold up well long term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles