leaking water heater- Lance

dfrank

Observer
My water heater sprung a leak. guessing the tank itself has rusted through, as it doesn't appear to be from any f the connections.

The tank is buried inside a galvanized box, and i see drips out the corner of said box.

I can not seem to tel how this thing is mounted. The access panel from the outside has no viewable fasteners just a bunch of caulk.

It is an 1989so its 25+ years old.

I'd love to get it out and replace it with an on demand type of unit.

Anyone got a good suggestion for one that won't brea the bank, or tips on how to get the old one out?

Thanks.

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Whenever I need a how too I search out Youtube.com for such matters. As for on-demand, I reasearched this as an alternative for my home. It proved to be so expensive it would take many years to see any payback. Payback meaning I do not plan on retiring here in my current home.

Something worth considering investing in such an old camper. I have a Legend 990, a 96' and it remains in 100% good condition to travel. But? A newer version remains locked in my mind some day. I am probably over cautious in the spending of $$$ as I watch our trending economy.

Joemcg

L
Whenever I need a how too I search out Youtube.com for such matters. As for on-demand, I reasearched this as an alternative for my home. It proved to be so expensive it would take many years to see any payback. Payback meaning I do not plan on retiring here in my current home.

Something worth considering investing in such an old camper. I have a Legend 990, a 96' and it remains in 100% good condition to travel. But? A newer version remains locked in my mind some day. I am probably over cautious in the spending of $$$ as I watch our trending economy.
I agree with the "buy old camper" philosophy. There are some real bargains out there. I just purchased a '95 Lance 880 with all the bells and whistles including electric jacks on swing out Dually brackets and working generator for $1K. So far repair items have been a new Group 27 battery and a WH anode Rod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles