LC 200

scaredsharp

Observer
Are you going to be able to sell a 2021 LC in a year or two for more than the current MSRP? Even after putting miles on it?
Or is gas going to be $7/gallon and no one will want to pay to drive them?

I was going to buy a 2017 or 18. Now I am wondering if I should make the stretch for a HE.

SRN

Adventurer
The 2021 LC200 is already basically a collectors item since it's the last year they will be imported to the US. And since Land Cruiser ownership is, well, cultish, people will salivate over owning a '21 MY for many, many years to come. So yeah, in two years, ten years, twenty years you'll be able to sell one for more than MSRP, $7/gallon gas or no.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Over MSRP, haha no, don't be silly. Will they sell for above book value, most likely. Look at 80 and 100 series trucks right now, they sell for well over their current book value but they don't sell for anywhere near their original MSRP, neither will the last year 200. We got our's back in December for $9100 off of sticker when others were paying full MSRP, there are still deals to be had out there you just have to know how to play the game and find a willing dealer. We will most certainly be without a Land Cruiser here in the states for a few years but I am willing to bet that there's another Land Cruiser or Land Cruiser replacement in the next 3-5 years, there's too much hype around these types of vehicles right now for Toyota to stay out of that game for too long.

Gas is going to keep rising for the foreseeable future thanks to the current administration but I doubt we ever see it that high, maybe in Commifornia but I could care less what they pay lol. I think as alternative fuel source vehicles increase in popularity we will see a decrease in fuel prices as the demand drops, just one mans opinion.

scaredsharp

Observer
Right on. That’s how I am feeling. I had a 13 and switched to a tundra. Now my wife is switching away from her Cayenne to the LC. She was lured by the heritage but also does not want to go hog wild when there is a heat option for a good chunk of change less

rlynch356

Defyota
The current used car market is not going to last.. manufactures will make sure of that. I do think the 200 is a solid buy (not an investment though) and will continue to depreciate minimally as they normally do given the market and the sheer lack of numbers of them sold in the US.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I enjoyed my LC but the mileage was a big negative. The move to a Sequoia for more room was the right move but the slight bump in mileage was nice. Today I drive a Expedition 400hp 10spd HD pack. I get 2-3mpg better at my lowest in town short trip mileage than what my Toyotas got on road trips. My road trip mileage is almost the same as my 180hp Subaru?. Zero interest in going back to Toyota anytime soon.. lol

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The Expedition is nice but it isn't built to the same standard/quality as a LC nor will it be worth what a LC is at 100K, 200K, 300K miles and years later. If you can afford to drive modern LC then the extra $1000+ in fuel expenses annually isn't a deal breaker. It doesn't mean we enjoy worse fuel economy but it's a trade-off most owners find worthwhile in order to own one and reap the other benefits of the platform.

scaredsharp

Observer
I searched around and did find 2021 HE for $82-85k plus tax.
I still get like that was just out of my comfort zone since I am happy buying used and saving 20k.

scaredsharp

Observer
I used to get bummed out by the mpg of the LC but it is not the big a $ amount compared to other vehicles. Also, the LC is better than the rest IMHO. I like the expedition, I like the Range Rover but there are reasons I can’t go that way.
I would love a better mpg number out of a new series of the LC. If we ever get it.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The Expedition is nice but it isn't built to the same standard/quality as a LC nor will it be worth what a LC is at 100K, 200K, 300K miles and years later. If you can afford to drive modern LC then the extra $1000+ in fuel expenses annually isn't a deal breaker. It doesn't mean we enjoy worse fuel economy but it's a trade-off most owners find worthwhile in order to own one and reap the other benefits of the platform.
My Expedition was $82,400 with taxes paid cash. Thats Land Cruiser pricing. I really don’t buy into resale value especially on trucks I keep and use as trucks for 12+ yrs. Vehicles are a depreciating asset. Quality differences in the US where 99% of our roads are paved mehh doesn’t matter to me.

Having more independently family owned dealers to get serviced at vs huge Auto Group owned Toyota dealers with absolutely Lousy history of employee pay and even worse repair/ service records was a big factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles