Latest Photo?

ITTOG

Only saw one two-stroke and it was beat to hell. This one is a 2009 that the owner had in his summer home and had 300 miles on it so it was a heck of a deal. Although it does require adult supervision since we use it at the events.
View attachment 731839
You are doing it all wrong. The firm grip should be on the bottle and the precarious grip should be on the bike. LOL

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Beachin'

nYwctYk.jpg

ABBB

So it isn’t just the 4Runner that Toyota doesn’t refresh but once a decade! Funny though how the Tundra has had like 50 iterations in that timespan. Good thing I love the look of the LC. I don’t actually own one though but I am looking at purchasing a 2016, going back and forth about how much value it stands to lose though with the electrification push more fully on now though. Not sure how these are going to hold value once better batteries arrive and the refueling grid improves. Tough to say how long it could. We certainly drag our feet with some big changes, but others come quick in this country. We could about to turn that corner shortly.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
So it isn’t just the 4Runner that Toyota doesn’t refresh but once a decade! Funny though how the Tundra has had like 50 iterations in that timespan. Good thing I love the look of the LC. I don’t actually own one though but I am looking at purchasing a 2016, going back and forth about how much value it stands to lose though with the electrification push more fully on now though. Not sure how these are going to hold value once better batteries arrive and the refueling grid improves. Tough to say how long it could. We certainly drag our feet with some big changes, but others come quick in this country. We could about to turn that corner shortly.

There were multiple "facelifts" on the 200 Series over its 14 year span (2008-2021) but the last exterior facelift was in 2016 and it remained the same through to the end of it's cycle. There were some nice improvements made in 2018 that make it worth looking for one if your budget allows. Keeping with a design for a long time is half of the appeal of the Toyota brand, work out the bugs, more parts availability and keeps resale higher. The Tundra is only on its third generation while the Land Cruiser has seen five different Series here in the states (more abroad and six if you count the 300 Series Lexus LX600 sold here) and the 4Runner is on its fifth generation as well with a sixth set to come in the next 12-18 months.

There are no more new Land Cruisers in the states for the foreseeable future and it's the last V8 in the platform as well, those two specifics are going to keep their values inflated for a while IMHO. I can sell mine with 40K miles on it and two years old for $14K more than I paid for it new, I am not concerned about its resale value lol. Electric stuff is a long way off before the totality of the system no longer makes ICE vehicles attractive to the masses. If you're already worried about electric and what it might do to resale values of ICE vehicles then the 200 probably isn't for you.

At the end of the day it's a Land Cruiser and they have quite the enthusiast backing and values follow accordingly. Buy it for the dependability, durability, capability, and the nameplate, don't worry about resale values on what is 99.9% of the time always going to be a depreciating asset.

Arktikos

Explorer
The Tundra is only on its third generation while the Land Cruiser has seen five different Series here in the states (more abroad and six if you count the 300 Series Lexus LX600 sold here) and the 4Runner is on its fifth generation as well with a sixth set to come in the next 12-18 months..

40,55,60,80,100,200-are there not six in US? I would also not worry about how much "value" a Land Cruiser stands to lose. Elsewhere in the world there are many people with very little money who acquire one with the idea it will last their lifetime. That's the correct approach IMO.
IMG_1265.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
40,55,60,80,100,200-are there not six in US? I would also not worry about how much "value" a Land Cruiser stands to lose. Elsewhere in the world there are many people with very little money who acquire one with the idea it will last their lifetime. That's the correct approach IMO.
View attachment 745967

Everyone always forgets about the "Pig" lol. I guess if we wanted to get technical we could say seven as the FJ45 was sold new here in the states as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles