Latest Photo?

Timbo FJ45

Observer
Oh man Timbo,

I drove by your LC a few weeks ago coming down Black Bear into Telluride. I have to say easily the most amazing example of a Land Cruiser I have ever seen in person. Bravo!!

I liked it so much I made a special reference to it here:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/129920-My-160K-Land-Cruiser-Doing-what-she-does-best!!

Cheers!! :beer:

Hey Blackwater. Thanks so much. I must have just missed you guys. Otherwise I would have been taking pictures of your rigs. Great looking LCs. That was a fun trip in and around the area. Love the photos of you all coming down Black Bear.

60Dan

Explorer
Gotta love ^^^^ that campground !!!!

It was fantastic - albeit a challenge to get to! We drove about 50 miles into the backcountry of Gallatin National Forest in Montana down a dirt road, then threw the truck into 4low and made a path up a hill to where you see that picture. 3 days of silence was a welcome change from the tourists of Yellowstone!

Camping in Yellowstone and Montana

That had to have been so much fun. NICE LC.

We had a blast! Didn't want to come back!
I'll put up some more pictures of our travels soon

Patrollife

Explorer
Hi everybody

As a long time reader of this forum, I wanted to share some photos with you. This is our HDJ-80 (1993) that we use to lead some of our expeditions in Europe / Russia / Iceland and Northern Africa. These shots where taken during some trips in Libya, in the deserts of Awbari, Acacus and Murzuk (all tree in the big Sahara), before revolution occured in Libya. One of the most incredible place on Earth. So intense moments spent there...
hope you like these photos.
All the best
Nico

Absolutely fantastic photos!

jdlobb

Adventurer
IMG_1375.jpg

Came out to this at work today. Hundy buddies.

This was especially cool since I think I can count on 1 hand the number of Land Cruisers I've seen out and about.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
In the dim, dark past I had a love affair with a couple LC's

I almost never visit this site. I have moved on through Jeeps, IH's, more Jeeps, and finally a truck camper as my 12th 4WD:

However, it's time to see where we were 45 years ago with Gland Bruisers. I put about 85K miles on my 1966 FJ 40, ragtop, factory PTO winch, very few upgrades besides ******** Cepek tires and wheels. $2200, used, one year old. Don't laugh at your elders here: I projected these as slides on a screen and took pix with my digital camera. They don't need to be colorized!, just focused.
The tot in the middle is now 45 yrs old. Coming down Elephant hill in 1971

On the White Rim Trail, 1970:

I think Loveland Pass, June 1971 with homemade LC trailer:

a little closer view of the PTO winch around 1969:

To add insult to injury, here are shots of our 2nd and more appropriate family machine, the rustprone, 1970 FJ 55 with Chevy 307 V-8, Hone Overdrive, Power Lok rr diff, Warn 8K winch, Tomba Burro, and 53 gallon gas tank. I paid $2800; used 1 yr. old. I added power steering and Jeanie made curtains for the rear side windows. We put 160K miles on this one.
Canyonlands circa 1976:

south of Bahia de Los Angeles, Baja, circa 1977: with those HUGE 11.00x15 Armstrong Tru Tracs

The final config with a 3" lift showing the Tomba Burro and a newer paint job (to cover up all the rust)

We had a whole lifetime of good times in those rigs. The 55 lasted 16 years (with me) and had a snap-on rear tent covering the down tailgate and we could sleep 2 adults and 2 very small kids inside. We also had a ConFer Toyota jeep trailer for it with 4 more gas can racks giving the maximum of 83 gallons of petrol for those trips thru the Visciano desert.
Have a nice life. In manus tuas, Domine, commendo spiritum meum
jefe

Last edited:

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Mundo4X4Casa, a today picture would be nice to see if the good looking dude aged gracefully...LOL
You looked a little stiff going down Elephant hill ...lol

Great pictures thanks, motivated me to go through my pile of slides and photos for previous 4X4s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke