Latest “LC will be canceled in USA” rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haven

Expedition Leader
Every couple of years rumors circulate that Toyota plans to stop selling the Land Cruiser in USA. This time the story is that the 2021 200 series LC will be the end of the line.

The story says the $90K Lexus LX (a virtual twin of the 200 series LC) will continue to be sold, with a turbocharged V6 replacing the 5.7L V8 as part of an effort to improve fuel economy.

The Series 300, the next generation of the Land Cruiser, is reportedly under development. It’s unclear if the new LC/Lexus will be imported here.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Probably more than a rumor this time. One of the lead LC dealers in the country confirmed a first-hand message to this effect .

Not really surprised given the LC variant sales numbers.

I’m actually excited about the turbo6, just said it will come with all the LX farkle. I prefer the LC trim out. The LX cockpit UI never appealed to me.

That said, the XO collab with Lexus on the Xelles 570 and CBi armor looked really good!

#LXOR ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billiebob

Toyota quit building the LandCruiser 20 years ago. Today, it is nothing more than a Lincoln Navigator with a Toyota badge. No loss.
They only sold 3500 LCs in the USA last year.

Carson G

Toyota quit building the LandCruiser 20 years ago. Today, it is nothing more than a Lincoln Navigator with a Toyota badge. No loss.
No they still build it they just don’t sell it in the US.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
They stopped selling the LC in Canada around '96 I believe as they felt the Lexus version would suffice most peoples needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota applied that same logic in the US.

Personally, I prefer the looks of the Land Cruiser over the Lexus. I'd rather see the Lexus disappear and the LC stay as there is a bit of heritage there.

Red90

Adventurer

That is not true. They still build Land Cruisers. They just do not sell the real ones in North America.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Seriously, this is the best we can do today? Arguing over a LC200 is a real Land Cruiser or not? I really had hoped that most of us are smarter than that.

Thread locked.

EDIT: There is already an open thread to discuss this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles