Large floor less tents

billiebob

Canvas wall tents. I grew up with those. No floor but wood heat. Last time I was in one it was 50 below outside.

dcg141

Adventurer
Snow Peak has one that is like 20 x 13 and even has an inner tent. We use cots a lot and having enough room to set up a table and sleep inside would be nice. It packs easier than the canvas wall tents and has a lot of ventilation. Kind of like a screen room that zips closed.

Correus

Adventurer
I really like the traditional wall tent, especially the classic safari style one and the Baker one, but have really been interested in getting a small, traditional style Bedouin tent.

Bedouin-tent-2.jpg

Bedouin-Tent.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
stayed in a Berber tent in Morocco, fairly sure they are similar. They are heavy fabric things. Probably great for vehicle camping or being hauled about by camel. The Bedouin are nomadic.
Desert winds can be very forceful with lots of moving sand.

Correus

Adventurer
stayed in a Berber tent in Morocco, fairly sure they are similar. They are heavy fabric things. Probably great for vehicle camping or being hauled about by camel. The Bedouin are nomadic.
Desert winds can be very forceful with lots of moving sand.

Stayed in one a few times in the Sahara, that's why I'm interested in getting one. You can get them in more modern fabrics that are lighter and just as strong and resistant.

redneck44

Adventurer
We have an ex army ten man arctic tent, easy to set up, but may not be big enough for your needs.
Seen here with a tarp porch
Cheap to buy and comes with a port for a wood stove
034.JPG

Correus

Adventurer
could you not create a shelter with several tarps? as long as they are water proof? they are really what Berber shelters are, I think.
it might look like this https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-C...3417326&sprefix=Bedouin+,undefined,198&sr=8-2

Yes you can. What you are showing in your link is the equivalent of what I said above - "You can get them in more modern fabrics that are lighter and just as strong and resistant".

And what you say - "...they are really what Berber shelters are..." - can be applied to ALL tents.

7255e93d2fe177726d7b91131f4dec0f.jpg

66-Shelters-and-Tents-That-Can-be-Made-from-Tarps.jpg

5ca83d9f6298eed111bdd9e5e45a64d3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles