Land Rover vs Mercedes

TOUGE

I was rear ended/clipped last night by a drunk/high driver last night and the LR3 came out on top(almost literately). And I had just spent most the day replacing thermostat/coolant pipes and clock spring.

Everyone in my car was fine and the driver in the Merc was actually fine too. The driver of the Merc was sobriety tested, then handcuffed and taken away in the back of a cop car.

Insurance will asses it Monday or Tuesday. All doors opened fine so the body isn't twisted but will have to wait for them to asses it to see what will happen.

LKLK

********... I'm sorry to hear. If it is repairable, I'd give tactical 4x4 a call and see if you can swap the rear bumper with the insurance co's blessing of course. I'm glad you're ok. But, I do feel for you.

TOUGE

Car was deemed a write off this morning.

So now the hunt for another LR3 or early LR4 is on with simular specs to what I had which will be very difficult.

LKLK

Car was deemed a write off this morning.

So now the hunt for another LR3 or early LR4 is on with simular specs to what I had which will be very difficult.
I'm sorry man. Good news is that you'd be able to reuse the ladder and rack when you find your next lr3/4

gatorgrizz27

Most of the time you can take 80% of the payout and keep the car, with a clean title. Otherwise see if you can buy it back from the insurance co. Even if the rear control arm mounting points are damaged, a good body shop with a frame machine can make it drive right.

TOUGE

Yeah, going to pull that stuff off the car on Saturday.
I'm sorry man. Good news is that you'd be able to reuse the ladder and rack when you find your next lr3/4

Going to pick all the accessories off it up this afternoon or tomorrow morning and yeah will be going straight on the new one once I find one.

Most of the time you can take 80% of the payout and keep the car, with a clean title. Otherwise see if you can buy it back from the insurance co. Even if the rear control arm mounting points are damaged, a good body shop with a frame machine can make it drive right.

The shops/insurance quote to fix it was around $12k, I rang the shop as asked how much to fix outside of insurance and they said they could prolly get it down to $9k, still not worth the money to fix.

TOUGE

you will be glad they wrote it off. might be an opportunity to try something different

Hahaha, thought about it, looked at GX460/70, 4Runners and FJs and all don't come anywhere near the ability, comfort, features at any where near the same price as the LR3/4. I do all my own mechanical work and my LR3 has been as reliable as any other car I have owned with the same mileage.

I really want a Defender 110 but they are sooooooooo over priced in the US market it. I almost bought a D90 in Australia before I was offered the job here in Los Angeles.

TOUGE

Some day time pics of the damage, It doesn't look that bad and missed the chassis rail. The inner drive shaft boot is mega destroyed and there is a ton of oil leaking out of the diff housing so that took a big hit and mine has the locking diff too.

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles