Land Rover LR4 Stock Tire Sizes

NEoffroad

Would 265/75r16 (Pro Comp MT 2) on wheels with 0 offset and 4.5 backspace (Method 702 series) fit on a totally stock 2010 LR4. NO LIFT

Thanks

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I have a set of 275/55-20 ( tires new GY Kevlar off my new F-150) on RR wheels or a set of Cooper AT3’s in 265/65-18 on stock LR3 wheels. Need to sell one or the other, your choice.... PM if interested. Oh, and both sets of wheels gloss black with hardener by body shop.

jethro5

Nope, never fitting 16’s on an LR4.

Exactly, you can do a 17 if you want to source the brake setup from Australia and run smaller calipers.

You can run a 32 ish with not any problems on stock diameter.

Anything wider or taller and you will need to trim lift and even both.

The 17 and 18 wheel options just allow you to air down the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on this; I was told at one time that the knuckle on the LR3 and LR4 are different in some fashion. I have 17" and V6 brakes on my LR3 (best mod ever) and asked a year ago and some members stated there is a difference keeping the 3 and 4 components from fitting. I can't confirm as I thought they were the same but just would be sure before ordering LR3 V6 parts for your V8 LR4.

If I ever upgraded to an LR4, no doubt I would do this mod if it was possible as it's super easy and I'm still getting 30-35k out of brakes no problem and I'm trail heavy!

morrisdl

Adventurer
I would +1 everything @Victory_Overland said; "Best mod ever" and "If I ever upgraded to LR4..."

Just to be little clearer: Not the LR3 North American gasoline "V6 brakes". 17" rims requires Disco3 TDv6 brake rotors and caliper hangers sourced from ROW.

Last edited:

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have 18s on my LR3 with steel rims from Lucky8. Good fit and won't break if I come down hard off a shelf.

Part numbers are in my build, the only parts you need from over the pond are the factory 17" Disco 3 wheel. I also have a set of BMW X5 wheels that I will probably be posting for sale soon that bolt right up! Since Victory is not a daily driver, the KM2 muddies are a permanent install.

FYI.....

Bought the V6 carriers from LRDirect and they are Bearmach parts. They came with pins, boots, bolts, and grease.
Front: SEH500012
Qty 2 $77.14
Rear: SXP500013G
Qty 2 $64.74

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles