Land Rover ideas for Jeeps

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A large Bonnet Bag...

HoodBag.jpg

Could be done on a Wrangler but I doubt many people would want one.

This next one seems like it could be useful, and if you really wanted to you could strap it to the hood?

FrontRunnerTransitBag.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I saw this item in a magazine that just came in:

ToolPouches.jpg

It's not really an idea specifically for Land Rovers or Jeeps, but it was in a Land Rover magazine and caught my attention. And it reminded me of these pouches I saw the other day at Home Depot.

HomeDepotPouches.jpg

The Home Depot pouches are substantial and very well made and about a third of the price of the ones in the magazine.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
There's an article in a recent magazine about a SAS Series 1, one of only two known to still exist. This photo of the front end was included; I'll bet we'll never see this on a Jeep, although you could argue it's a practical place to carry a spare and jerry cans.

SASSeries1.jpg

Anyone up for this on their Wrangler?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Are the headlights on a Wrangler set up for this?
Just barely. In these two photos the outer edge of the can is even with the outer edge of the fender flare. The perspective of the photo may make it look otherwise, but the can isn't sticking out to the side any more than the fender flares do in either photo.

JerryCansInFront.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
They could be mounted perpendicular to the bumper, but will limit the visibility of your lights from the side. You could trade out the headlights for driving lights. Getting into more expense than it might be worth.
Mounting those cans on the hood flat will leak, Nato cans won't but the heat from the engine will cause problems with severe expansion.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A UK company offers this tent. Can't tell if the tent can be closed off once you pull the vehicle away but it might be a good tent for people who want to take the Jeep away from a base camp during the day.

Caranex.jpg

There's something similar offered in the U.S.:

RightLine1.jpg

RightLine2.jpg

The both seem like a good idea but if you have a kitchen in the back of the Jeep wouldn't you have to pull the Jeep away from the tent to use the stove?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
There are side net and Molle products on the market for Wranglers, they usually attach to the roll bars. But I haven't seen anything like these that attach to the inside of the hardtop. For people who don't remove their hardtops often, I wonder if this would be more useful than a roll bar mounted solution.

SideNets.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Many people complain about the many Torx fasteners used in Jeep assembly so this caught my eye in the latest issue of Land Rover Monthly. I haven't seen anything like this before:

TorxExtractor1.jpg

Found this image at the web site listed in the magazine:

TorxExtractor2.jpg

Even though I had never seen these before that doesn't mean you can't get them here so I did a quick Google search and found some on Amazon: . The search turned up a bunch of others; the ones on Amazon were the first in the returned search list.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The cover storage of the June issue of Land Rover Monthly is about this double cab pickup they're billing as the "Ultimate Overlander". Not sure I'd agree with that, but there were a few ideas in the article that might be of interest to Gladiator folks so I'll post some here.

0621Cover.jpg

There's a storage box mounted on a metal bed lid. Notice the inset jerry can in the side of the box. There's one on the other side too.

0621CoverA.jpg

The bed cover hinges up and with it the storage box. Must be some pretty strong gas struts.

0621CoverB.jpg

Most fridges are too tall to fit below the edge of a Gladiator bed, so pulling the rear seat like he did might be a good solution for a Gladiator. Also notice the storage covering the back window; as long as the rear view is blocked by the big storage box, might as well make use of the window space for storage.

0621CoverC.jpg

There's a solar panel on top of the storage box, but it's under a box-top rack. Even with nothing on the rack the panel is partially obscured so I'm not sure this is a good idea.

0621CoverD.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I like the look of this 109 pickup with its "covered wagon" top on the bed.

109CoveredWagon.jpg

I often think about building a top like that for my Wrangler pickup. A few years ago when I made the covered wagon top for my military trailer, I couldn't resist setting it in place in the pickup. It's for a 4' x 6' military trailer, so it's too small for the truck bed, but I had to do it just to see what it might look like.

CoveredWagonRetro3.jpg

I like the look, even if it is too small. Someday I may still make one fitted to the truck bed.

I don't plan to ever own a Gladiator, but if I did, the first thing I'd probably do is sew a covered wagon top for it, like the one on this double cab Defender.

DoubleCabCoveredWagon2.jpg

I wonder if some company will bring a Gladiator top like that to market?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94