Land Rover ideas for Jeeps

jgaz

Adventurer
I had completely forgotten about your “shower power” pump.

I follow most of your threads on here but sometimes can’t remember what and in which thread.

I do use a stick on thermometer on my shower bag.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This was in Land Rover Owner a few issues ago:

Seemed like it could be an improvement on tents with rigid frames, so I searched to find out how easy it is to set up.

Not sure it would be easier to set up than a traditional tent after watching that video, in addition to inflating it there are rigid supports that need to be fitted. Might be more work that a traditional tent?

I wondered if there might be inflatable roof top tents, so I searched and found this: https://gentletent.com/en/gt-roof

This video makes it seem pretty simple to set up, and it looks quicker and easier than the traditional RTT I have:

Another inflatable from the August issue of LRO:

Inflatables: Wacky idea or emerging trend?

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
This was in Land Rover Owner a few issues ago:

Seemed like it could be an improvement on tents with rigid frames, so I searched to find out how easy it is to set up.

Not sure it would be easier to set up than a traditional tent after watching that video, in addition to inflating it there are rigid supports that need to be fitted. Might be more work that a traditional tent?

I wondered if there might be inflatable roof top tents, so I searched and found this: https://gentletent.com/en/gt-roof

This video makes it seem pretty simple to set up, and it looks quicker and easier than the traditional RTT I have:

Another inflatable from the August issue of LRO:

Inflatables: Wacky idea or emerging trend?
I'm leery of inflatables, as I've ended up on the floor from every air mattress I've ever slept on, and my kiteboarding kites always needed maintenance to hold air.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
What would you get if you crossed a Defender with an Airstream trailer? Probably something like this one from Duckworth Overland featured in the August issue of Land Rover Owner:

The interior is a woodworker's dream:

Full side view:

What if:

You can find them at DuckworthOverland.com. They haven't finalized the pricing yet, but it's said to be in the 200k GBP range (on a Land Rover). No plans for Jeep versions announced.

shays4me

Adventurer
Definitely the most interesting vehicle I've seen in a while! I like the interior wood finish and the proportions are right for a defender. I don't get the rear hatch though........Looks like a good ingress for dust and water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pembecreek