Land Rover 2.0

michaels

Explorer
just curious, but how the hell do you say your first name? i've always wondered. i just figured it was something like sin-you-hey?

michaels

Explorer
wow thats such a nice polite way of asking...I bet you are a hit with the girls.

since he's a girl and this is the bar...

i'm sure you don't talk the same way with your buddies as you do with your wife.

either way, i'm just curious. great photos as always.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
sinwave on without the v

That's a new one... I like it... But it's not really pronounced like SIGN, simply SIN-WAY...

I usually say something like Safeway except Sin... Or look absolutely dumbfounded that, this person asking me has never seen that name before, after all it's as common a broken down Toyota.

When ordering a drink at a coffee shop or any counter where I need to leave my name I usually drop Gus or Mike... Just to keep it simple.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
wow thats such a nice polite way of asking...I bet you are a hit with the girls.

I've gotten much worse...

In Moab just a couple of weeks ago asking for my fuel receipt...

"What's your name?"

"Sin.."

"Oh, the strange one."

"Uh... Thanks."

Another keeper...

"Sin- who?"

Or from a complete stranger trying to make light of their complete inability to shape the sounds coming out of their mouth...

"It's cool if I call you Sinbad, right?"

"Oh? just like Sinjin Smith the volleyball player?"

It's fun. Any substitute teacher all the way through grade school will instantly get me a new nick name for a week or two. If you want your kid to have thick skin and watch them brush it off like it's nothing, give em a "unique" name...

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Or from a complete stranger trying to make light of their complete inability to shape the sounds coming out of their mouth...

Hehe, try having 3 hard consonants in a row. ;)

"La-feb-buh-ver-ee?"

Geo14cux

Adventurer
That's a new one... I like it... But it's not really pronounced like SIGN, simply SIN-WAY...

I usually say something like Safeway except Sin... Or look absolutely dumbfounded that, this person asking me has never seen that name before, after all it's as common a broken down Toyota.

When ordering a drink at a coffee shop or any counter where I need to leave my name I usually drop Gus or Mike... Just to keep it simple.

Its all I had at the moment! Darn invisible letters will git you everytime.

Sinbadmotherf**ker! I kill me!

Last edited:

sinuhexavier

Explorer
tumblr_li9dipzrE51qc7sujo1_1280.jpg

The Mojave is nice this time of year... The land Rover 2.0 is doing fine. Didn't take one pic of it, you'll have to trust me.

We have a friend from Holland named Clauzina. She gives out regular names at the coffee shop, Sue, Jane, etc. Every now and then she'll forget the name she gave. She needs to get one fake name and stick to it.:)

cosmic88

Observationalist
13 month bump....

That is a spectacular photo...

Since you gave your own thread a somewhat delayed bump (13 months later) with a stunning photograph I felt compelled to read it. Also, having caught an episode of that "Dangerous Drives" show you and some of the other Expo-heads were on a while back, I find myself comforted that such a nicely built and capable rig is actually "out-there" on such a regular basis.

Finally, I feel your pain by having a less-than-normal name. Teachers, classmates and co-workers alike never could wrap their brains around Aldous Cosmo.

Sinbad is about on par with Otis for me????? :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles