Land Rover 2.0

sinuhexavier

Explorer
So most of you are probably familiar with Marc Olivares and his tastefully upgraded Land Rover. What was a bit of a secret was that his Father also had a 99 SD that was barely used, in fact in the 5 years that he had it he put 20k miles on it bringing the total to 72k.

Now, in my Land Rover world the 99 SD is the Holy Grail of Land Rovers. It is the last year the Discovery 1 was produced and the SD comes with full leather interior and no sunroofs.

2774306813_cd9244df40_o.jpg

So this weekend I hopped a flight to Salt Lake City to meet Marc and pick up my Rover 2.0.

2775160824_0cd8cc9b86_o.jpg

Lot's of goodies, some I will keep some I need to ditch. More corrosion than I would like, but that's what you get with a Mountain truck. Marc did a great job building this truck and his Dad did a great job not driving it.

As it sits now it has the following:

RTE front bumper
RTE rear bumper
Fox shocks
OME springs
Olivares sliders
Olivares Steering components
Olivares rear door table
Great Basin HD Drive Shafts (these will be up for sale soon)
Great Basin HD Rear Axles (these will be up for sale soon)
True Track front locker
Detroit rear locker
KVT back pack rack

Excited to roll up my sleeves and make it my own.

Michael Slade

Untitled
Very nice truck. I now know why Marc was always driving it instead of his dad.

That'll be a sweet addition and/or replacement. You sticking around for the ralley? Dinner in SLC with the locals? In and out no time for ********-chat get me on my way home?

Congrats!

sinuhexavier

Explorer
Michael Slade said:
Very nice truck. I now know why Marc was always driving it instead of his dad.

That'll be a sweet addition and/or replacement. You sticking around for the ralley? Dinner in SLC with the locals? In and out no time for ********-chat get me on my way home?

Congrats!

Yeah, spent probably a total of two hours in SLC. Spent the night in Zion on the way home in time to see a great electrical storm.

I will be at the Rally, are you? Look forward to meeting you, for sure!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I just really wish you could take a nice picture for once...

Even your "Simple" pictures look amazing. Great buy, I can't wait to see where you take it. Too bad your taking the south route home, I would have enjoyed a meet and greet in Reno. And it even comes with his rear door table. That alone makes it a great buy.

Green96D1

Explorer
sinuhexavier said:
So most of you are probably familiar with Marc Olivares and his tastefully upgraded Land Rover. What was a bit of a secret was that his Father also had a 99 SD that was barely used, in fact in the 5 years that he had it he put 20k miles on it bringing the total to 72k.

Now, in my Land Rover world the 99 SD is the Holy Grail of Land Rovers. It is the last year the Discovery 1 was produced and the SD comes with full leather interior and no sunroofs.

2774306813_cd9244df40_o.jpg

So this weekend I hopped a flight to Salt Lake City to meet Marc and pick up my Rover 2.0.

2775160824_0cd8cc9b86_o.jpg

Lot's of goodies, some I will keep some I need to ditch. More corrosion than I would like, but that's what you get with a Mountain truck. Marc did a great job building this truck and his Dad did a great job not driving it.

As it sits now it has the following:

RTE front bumper
RTE rear bumper
Fox shocks
OME springs
Olivares sliders
Olivares Steering components
Olivares rear door table
Great Basin HD Drive Shafts (these will be up for sale soon)
Great Basin HD Rear Axles (these will be up for sale soon)
True Track front locker
Detroit rear locker
KVT back pack rack

Excited to roll up my sleeves and make it my own.
wow sweet!

KevinNY

Adventurer
Why are you keeping lockers and selling HD axles? Something else planned in their place? Nice Clean D1.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
KevinNY said:
Why are you keeping lockers and selling HD axles? Something else planned in their place? Nice Clean D1.

I'm not feeling the steelies, they may grow on me, but I doubt it. In which case I will go with the Rover Tracks HD shafts and throw my alloys on the new rig.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
KevinNY said:
GBR rears work fine with LR alloys, no need to change.

Oh. I didn't know that, I thought the flange needed to be altered.

nosivad_bor said:
Can wait to see it out on the trail!

You know the only reason I got this truck was to redeem myself on the Mormon Emigrant Trail...

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Who doesn't love scoring a "new" toy? So with version 2.0, are you replacing version 1.0?

I shall eagerly look forward to whatever it is exactly, that you have in mind....:coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94