Land Rover 110 Needed

Tacovendor

Explorer
BajaRack is currently looking for a 110 (1993 and up) to get measurements for production of a 110 roof rack, If you are located in Southern California and are interested in helping out please send a private message. You will be compensated with a rack free of charge, Thanks Cris
Please visit http://bajarack.com

Last edited:

rijosho

Adventurer
A few questions you need to answer: Are you planning on selling these in the US? Before 2018? Are you planning on selling them for 110s with a roll cage or without?

Because I'm confused. 1993 was the only North American Spec (NAS) year for 110's, and they came with a rack and a roll cage. For 2012, 1987 is the "newest" a legally imported Defender can be for the US, as laid out in the 25 year rule, and many of them do not have roll cages installed on them as that is an aftermarket option.

BajaRack

Observer
Hello Rijosho,

We do plan to sell these new racks in the US for the Defender 110 and 90, we have been ask for several years to make them, In September we have a Land Rover event in Australia we will need a few.
Thanks' to Chris (Tacovendor) and Tom we already have one Defender 110 for measurements, the initial design will be for rain gutter mounted rack and in the future for the safety cage.

Thank you guys for your prompt response.

rijosho

Adventurer
Tom is a good guy for sure, and luckily we had a friend who will go to great lengths for anything and everything free who could give you guys his truck. I had posted this over on d-90 for you to get more traffic on the request - glad it worked out so quickly. Just FYI as I know some others with later 110's had tried to participate in this fitting as well and were turned away; as far as I know, as long as the roof is not the front ribbed style of really early 110s, a pre-1993 110 station wagon would have been just fine for your needs as well.

ipgregory

Adventurer
Isn't it possible to make the rack feet adjustable so it can be used on both ribbed and non-ribbed roofs? There is only a couple inches difference in the height I would have thought? Wouldn't this increase the available market? With the number of early 110s coming in as 25yr imports I would assume the market for them is getting to be or has exceeded the market for the later smooth roofed versions at least in the short term until the later ones are available for import. With only less than 500 NAS examples (some of which already have racks) and a very limited number of ROW trucks with Exo Cages I would assume the early model imports would exceed these quite easily by now or will soon.

Also be aware there are both steel and aluminum guttered versions of the roofs. The aluminum ones obviously being not as strong in the gutters for mounting heavier loads. Not sure what years or models this affects.

Ian

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Sergio,

You might want to consider that the 1993 Defender 110 sold in North America came with a roll cage, something most ROW defenders did not come with....

Ronct110

Adventurer
Sergio,

This is Ron from NCLR. Purchased a Bajarack for my DII. Like it very much.

Good to hear Bajarack is making racks for 110s. My 110 already has a rack, but good to hear if an enthusiast imports a 25+ year old 110s here in the USA, they have options.

Post up pics when ready for the public!

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94