Land Ops Featured in QST Magazine

Skeptic

Adventurer
Looks like an interesting concept to build a radio club around. I'll have to spend a bit of time on the website.

JimBiram

Adventurer
We have had many requests from across the country to form local "chapters" of Land Ops that we created a "Global Forum Membership", which not only gives access to the forum, but also provides access to "How To" videos so that others can learn the essentials of creating their own Land Ops style adventures. Our goal is to hold joint events in two or more places across the country, incorporating HF radio to transfer essential data to complete the courses.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
You need a link to your site here. This is a fascinating idea! I just glanced at it in my QST but will give it a full read in the near future.

Dale WU7X

Frdmskr

Adventurer
I wish QST would realize how much of ham radio is outside. SOTA, POTA, Off Roading, and LandOps all are very good examples of hams getting up and getting out. (I am sure there is a lot more I am missing.) Instead of the 400th version of a dipole, maybe a column about ham radio outdoors (other than just Field Day.)

Last edited:

Skeptic

Adventurer
"Instead of the 400th version of a dipole, maybe a column about ham radio outdoors (other than just Field Day.)

Can't have enough versions of a stealthy flag pole antenna either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles