Land Cruiser Photos

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
SAM_0478.jpg

hieronymus

Adventurer
Home of the cruisers...

North Africa has been Toyota country for decades and will be for many years to come....

_DSC2123.jpg

_DSC1773.jpg

_DSC1702.jpg

_DSC1595.jpg

_DSC2126.jpg

_DSC2127.jpg

_DSC2128.jpg

_DSC2154.jpg

Last edited:

jmdjax

Adventurer
I have a question...

Howcome places like North Africa have so many 40's and 60's which you see in photos in the middle of nowhere?

Do they have extra gas tanks in them?

I don't know about them, but I get about 100 - 130 miles to the tank before I seriously gotta fill up again with how small my gas tank is.

I couldn't even drive a stretch of New Mexico without running out of gas.

How do they do it? :26_16_2:

Or maybe my 40 has a tiny gas tank?

valeriano

Observer
I have a question...

Howcome places like North Africa have so many 40's and 60's which you see in photos in the middle of nowhere?

I don't know about them, but I get about 100 - 130 miles to the tank before I seriously gotta fill up again with how small my gas tank is.

I couldn't even drive a stretch of New Mexico without running out of gas.

How do they do it? :26_16_2:

Or maybe my 40 has a tiny gas tank?

Your 40 runs on gasoline or diesel?
My Bandeirante has a Mercedes Benz diesel engine and with the original tank (45L/12gal) it used to do about 450km (280mi) a tank.
Now that I have 2 tanks, I can drive more then 800 miles without having to refill.

jmdjax

Adventurer
Your 40 runs on gasoline or diesel?
My Bandeirante has a Mercedes Benz diesel engine and with the original tank (45L/12gal) it used to do about 450km (280mi) a tank.
Now that I have 2 tanks, I can drive more then 800 miles without having to refill.

Lucky... Mine runs on gasoline, yes. The 2F.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
My new Land Cruiser!

Just wanted to share my new project. Its a New Mexico 1983 FJ 60. Faded paint cracked dash but no rust and runs great! I have been looking for one for a bit and finally found the right one. Look for a build after the sumer.

IMG_0513.JPG

hieronymus

Adventurer
I have a question...

A lot of 60's like 80's have a 2nd tank...the old pickups simply carry a couple of jerrycans in the back!

Expedition Leader
Just wanted to share my new project. Its a New Mexico 1983 FJ 60. Faded paint cracked dash but no rust and runs great! I have been looking for one for a bit and finally found the right one. Look for a build after the sumer.

Great find, congratulations!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Gosh. Not your typical pose in front of your cruiser. Glad he kept his clothes on.

No? So much for that idea. I had RyRy and others lined up for the new 'Men of Wasatch Cruisers' calendar. Was hoping you were going to shoot the photos :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior