Land Cruiser 200 Ute Bed

Kaisen

Explorer
going off your original numbers.

you can get a LC200 GX/GXL/VX and still be cheaper.

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-200/prices

$80,000 here in the US (base LC in the US starts at $79,550) .....and that exact same equipment on a LC in Australia is $115K (that would be a 'Sahara' 4.6 Petrol)
I used that equipment level in AUS because that's standard equipment in the US, you can't get a strippo here
And the $123K RHD Tundra happens to be a Platinum (not a base or SR5) so it's equipped reasonably similarly to the 'Sahara' Land Cruiser
Trying to be apples to apples
You're just arguing to argue
Here in the US, taking a $80K Land Cruiser and adding a $22K bed is ridiculous when you can buy a similarly equipped Tundra for under $50K
Twist it all you want

Clutch

<---Pass
You're just arguing to argue

funny, thought the same of you, as you didn't explain yourself from the get go...I can't read minds. All you did was post up pictures, and state they are grey market vehicles that are popular, threw some numbers out there, never said what models you were comparing, there was no US model vs. OZ model....how are we to know what is going on your head? good grief man!

You can buy Toyota Tundras in Australia as gray market imports.

Right hand drive Tundras.

There are lots of them, new and used. They are quite popular.

120898946.jpg

cp5705407891541669756.jpg

138774056.jpg

cp4984475085333263222.jpg

137446242.jpg

Why would you compare a US priced LC200 to an Australian conversion company, using US dollars in the first place? Why no conversion from AUD to USD?

Since we can't import an OZ spec LC200, but they can import a US spec Tundra...why wouldn't you compare what is available solely available
in Australia? Does it really matter what we can do here?

Last edited:

Kaisen

Explorer
funny, thought the same of you, as you didn't explain yourself from the get go...I can't read minds. All you did was post up pictures, and state they are grey market vehicles that are popular, never said what models you were comparing, there was no US model vs. OZ model....how are we to know what is going on your head? good grief man!

Why would you compare a US priced LC200 to an Australian conversion company, using US dollars in the first place? Why no conversion from AUD to USD?

Since we can't import an OZ spec LC200, but they can import a US spec Tundra...why wouldn't you compare what is available solely available
in Australia? Does it really matter what we can do here?

So Oz only:
You can buy a leather-interior gas-powered Land Cruiser for $115K and send it out for an extended wheelbase flatbed conversion for $22K
You'd have $137K invested

Or you can buy a leather-interior gas-powered Tundra for $123K, already converted to RHD
You'd save $14K over the LC and have apples-to-apples equipment levels

Tundra is less butchered when done
Tundra has greater payload
Tundra has more power
Tundra can tow more
Still don't get it
If you DON'T want the fancy stuff that a Tundra or LC 200 offers, simply buy a NEW AUS 70 Series Double Cab Chassis and save a cubic ton of money over both
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-13814338&Cr=1
$69K, brand new, crew cab, diesel stick

Clutch

<---Pass
So Oz only:
You can buy a leather-interior gas-powered Land Cruiser for $115K and send it out for an extended wheelbase flatbed conversion for $22K
You'd have $137K invested

Or you can buy a leather-interior gas-powered Tundra for $123K, already converted to RHD
You'd save $14K over the LC and have apples-to-apples equipment levels

Tundra is less butchered when done
Tundra has greater payload
Tundra has more power
Tundra can tow more
Still don't get it
If you DON'T want the fancy stuff that a Tundra or LC 200 offers, simply buy a NEW AUS 70 Series Double Cab Chassis and save a cubic ton of money over both

What if, I just want a Hilux... :p

...and I don't like leather seats. What then!? ;)

now that I like!

Clutch

<---Pass
Then buy a Hilux

Thought for sure you were going to say buy an electric vehicle! (I am just messing with you. :D )

The LC200 ute does seem a bit silly, when you lay all the numbers out. But as they say, it is your money, spend it how you wish...

Clutch

<---Pass
Kermit - Love that flat bed 200....

I dig it!

It's a Land Cruiser thing...

;)

*thumbs up*

I bet it rides better than the 70 series.

Though Kaisen does have a point when comparing the Tundra to the 200, if you really want to
stand out in the crowd in OZ, import a Tundra, get more bang for you buck, if you go the lux route.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
It's just another stop on the trip to find greener grass- In the States, we tell ourselves we would love to have diesel versions of whatever we have, and getting our hands on a Defender 110 or 130, 70 series, Hilux, Patrol, Prado or CC 4x4 Dyna would make life complete. Meanwhile there are guys in Europe, Australia and otherwhere, who lust after the room and power only American full-size trucks have. Hell, In Germany, you can get a Tundra for a relative bargain. If only everyone could just use the same safety and emissions regs...

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader

A couple of points about the conversions put out by Creative Conversions. I've had the good fortune of drooling over a few of their vehicles in person. One of their most recent jobs was a 200 Series Landcruiser built for the crew at All 4 Adventure that was on show at the Brisbane QLD Australia 4WD and Camping show in March of this year. All I can say is that you would be very hard pressed to find better quality work. If you dream it up they can build it and the finished product is nothing short of stunning. I dig their work! :sombrero:

Nice find Kermit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior