Land Cruiser 100 series - long range fuel tank

PenelopeCruiser

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
In the end I opted to carry a few rotopax externally given the cost for a new tank.

? agree there. My problem is that in order to carry extra fuel, I need either to put it on the roof (no room at present) and there are some safety concerns, or on a back carrier (which I don't have). As such I have to think of the gross $ outlay. $2k is rough.

I DO have a OEM rear aux tank for my LC100. But mine is a 2006 and thus not sure how to relocate the modern emissions equipment back there for a tank and keep my spare. Struggle of thought.

Toubkal

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Kaymar sells a swing for spare wheel very easy to intall on the back of youre 80

LC100 :) But I've had many swing out rear carriers, and I've actually gone BACK to spare underneath. The convenience of easy rear access especially for 3rd row passengers is SO much better for me.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I'm interested in either the 40-gal replacement tank or the 24-gal aux tank. Looking for pros/cons on either setup.

I believe the 40-gal hangs lower, but seems like a less complicated setup. On the other hand, the 24-gal aux combined with the original tank gives you 8 more gallons in theory. Can the spare still be mounted in the original location with the Aux tank?

Appreciate any feedback.

T-Willy

I'm interested in either the 40-gal replacement tank or the 24-gal aux tank. Looking for pros/cons on either setup.

I believe the 40-gal hangs lower, but seems like a less complicated setup. On the other hand, the 24-gal aux combined with the original tank gives you 8 more gallons in theory. Can the spare still be mounted in the original location with the Aux tank?

Appreciate any feedback.

If it's like the 80, you'll need to relocate your spare with the 24 aux.

Pro aux: more overall capacity, separate capacity
Con aux: relocate spare, weight aft of rear axle

Pro 40 gal: weight between axles, spare stays put, fewer parts, less complex, fewer things to go wrong
Con 40: less overall capacity, hangs lower?

My 24 aux has worked great and is stout (I once perched the truck on it on a rock--difficult to do, but no damage). It sits high up and out of the way. Doing away with range anxiety is priceless.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94