Lake Roosevelt AZ by powerboat

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
1991 Valco Bayrunner 18' in Lake Roosevelt Arizona. Such a nice lake.

image.jpg

Best place for paddlers would be the East side that you can drive to the beach on or the West end boat launch to do the Salt River. The middle is big.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the overlook by the dam and bridge.

image.jpg

image.jpeg

The boat ran great making maiden voyage with the family a day to remember!

image.jpg

image.jpg

outdoornate65

Adventurer
My folks just built a cabin up near Payson which is close to Roosevelt Lake.

I hope to do some paddling on the lake in the future. Obviously it is a popular lake with the powerboaters but hoping I can do some mid-week exploring.

Do you know if they allow primitive camping along the east shore of the lake? Would like to paddle in and camp in some of the coves.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
My folks just built a cabin up near Payson which is close to Roosevelt Lake.

I hope to do some paddling on the lake in the future. Obviously it is a popular lake with the powerboaters but hoping I can do some mid-week exploring.

Do you know if they allow primitive camping along the east shore of the lake? Would like to paddle in and camp in some of the coves.

Arizona is wide open to do mostly whatever you please. Rosevelt has huge dedicated camp grounds and a huge unimproved area where you can park on the waters edge. Unimproved area is on the very SW end. Nice dirt parking and if the lake is up you could paddle around there. The dam and straight across from it is cool but it's large open water. If it were me I'd pay to park and launch as far SE as they let you depending on water level. Paddle up the headwater river that feeds it. Most of the South side of the lake would be "The Park" so you gotta get away from it if you want to find a nice cove or bluff to camp on. I've seen thunder storms called monsoons here that will pile the water up on one end swamping the shore so be careful how close to the water you leave your vehicle. You will have a good time if you watch the wind reports and stay away from the main lake if it's blowing over 10. Lake Apache is below it. It's about the only lake in AZ I have not explored. Let me know when you get here if you want to run it in the power boat. It's in a rocky cliff canyon.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Thanks for the offer to tour the lake.

I'll be at Expo in May and then will be spending a few days afterwards in Pine at my folk's place....maybe we could work something out then.

Thanks again,

Nate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles