Lake Powell Photo Adventure

photoman

Explorer
It had been five years since our original paring and though we have maintained contact and even shot with one another in our travels, we had not got back together as a group. We agreed that this was absurd and started negotiations in February on a 2013 trip to re-unite. After settling on a Lake Powell Houseboat trip as the main event of the trip we started working out logistics including dates, flight plans, meals, and if we were going to open the trip up to other photographers. We decided that we would open this up to potentially two additional photographers provided we were all in agreement on the individuals.

Read in its entirety here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=241623 as only two of us are here on Expo.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Looks like a great time was had by all.

You do need to be careful about including people you don't know well. I have a small group of mates who've been walking and photographing together on and off for years. We can just say "Let's do a 10-day walk through XX national park next June" and we know we get on, are all capable of the trip, and don't get in each other's photos (much :)).

photoman

Explorer
Looks like a great time was had by all.

You do need to be careful about including people you don't know well. I have a small group of mates who've been walking and photographing together on and off for years. We can just say "Let's do a 10-day walk through XX national park next June" and we know we get on, are all capable of the trip, and don't get in each other's photos (much :)).

This is very true. I have shot with many photographers and everyone is ranked in terms of physical fitness, attitude, political extremist, etc. Depending on where I am going and for how long determines which of these people I am willing to invite. Anything more than a weekend is a long time to be around the same people especially if you are confined to cars, boat, or a tent.

YotaPilot

Adventurer
Amazing photographs. I'm surprised you guys didn't get over to Antelope Canyon. I know it's a bit touristy and can be quite crowded, but it was still amazing and made for some great photo opportunities when I went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior