L322 Spare Parts and Field Tool Kit

I am working on a spare parts and field tool kit for my 2005 4.4 L322. I mostly travel in rural but not remote areas so I want self sufficiency but I’m not looking to rebuilt the truck in the field, worst case I’ll have it towed to a shop assuming I can limp out to pavement. Below is what I have so far, please anyone chime in with what I’m forgetting especially BMW engine L322 specific.

Spares Kit:
Coil
Belt
Crank Sensor
Cam Sensor
Brake Pedal Sensor
2x Spark Plug
Font & Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
Spare Hub
Oil Filter
Expansion Tank Repair Kit
Heavy Duty Duct Tape
Hose Wrap

Tool Kit:
Scan Tool
Jump Pack
Metric Socket Set w. Ratchet
Breaker Bar w. Lug Nut Socket
Torx Set
Allen Set
Metric Wrench Set
Screw Driver Set
Pliers Set
Vise Grip Set
Pry Bar
Jack
68654DBF-4023-477D-AA2A-06D4A9220250.jpeg

Buckstopper

Adventurer
I can't comment on specifics to your rig but I got some advice along the way to use the tools you carry on the day to day maintenance and repairs that you do on your rig at home. If you don't use it, leave it at home or you will need a Snap-on Tool truck to carry your kit. There are obviously some exceptions but I purged quite a bit of weight by going through my tools this way and I can't think of too many times that I needed something I didn't have that I left behind.

DVD

Adventurer
Nice rig. I have an '05 LR3. It looks like a good kit. I like to start with the most likely thing to leave me stranded: flat tire. On mine, that means a good jack (hi lift and I just added an x-jack). With the hi-lift, I need the wheel-mate to lift from a wheel. Then I carry a couple jackstands to lower onto. It's a lot of weight, but I've had to use it a couple times on the trail, and glad I had the gear.

OregonGX

Nice rig. I have an '05 LR3. It looks like a good kit. I like to start with the most likely thing to leave me stranded: flat tire. On mine, that means a good jack (hi lift and I just added an x-jack). With the hi-lift, I need the wheel-mate to lift from a wheel. Then I carry a couple jackstands to lower onto. It's a lot of weight, but I've had to use it a couple times on the trail, and glad I had the gear.

You will need a way to plug the other side of the exhaust for an x-jack to work on an LR3. We had an LR3 shred a sidewall in a rock garden on a club run and they couldn't get the xjack to inflate with the second muffler exhausting to the atmosphere.

DVD

Adventurer
You will need a way to plug the other side of the exhaust for an x-jack to work on an LR3. We had an LR3 shred a sidewall in a rock garden on a club run and they couldn't get the xjack to inflate with the second muffler exhausting to the atmosphere.
Or an onboard compressor :). Should have added compressor or power tank to the tire-focused list. I've tested a couple times, and the ARB compressor will do the job with the xjack.

NorthwestDriver

Multi-meter
Zip ties
Wire cutters
Tail lamp bulbs
Repair or shop manual (the one the dealer has)
Owner’s manual (the one in the glove box)
PB Blaster or WD-40
Ride height sensors
Wrenches (fit in smaller spaces than a ratchet)
Twine
Tire patch kit
Jumper cables (battery jump boxes may not always work)
Tire gage
12v Air pump
Tow strap and shackle
Recovery kit (probably beyond what you are asking about)

If you do a search, there have been some comprehensive LR-specific parts and tool lists made on this and other forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles