L322 Range Rover 285/65/R18

Nathansharkey80

So I was able to mount 285/65/R18 tires to my Range Rover L322 2012 5.0LV8 model using 18” compomotive wheels. No rubbing found so far. Also I was able to install the 5th wheel inside under the rear cargo floor where the spare tire is normally installed once I let the air out of the spare tire. I used Kumho Road Venture AT tires from Japan. Has anyone ever used these tires before? They appear to be a pretty aggressive all terrain tread. They are 8 ply load range D and this combination has already improved the smoothness of the ride compared to the wheel tire combo I had before which were 20” wheels.

4373647596d2b309fc09974b5ef7a24b.jpg
IMG_5806.jpgIMG_5807.jpgIMG_5808.jpgIMG_5809.jpgIMG_5811.jpgIMG_5825.jpgIMG_5824.jpgIMG_5823.jpgIMG_5822.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syrrell7

Can I ask how you mounted the rack to the roof? also have a L322 and going through a bunch of different ways to mount a rack to the roof.

TheBucketOfTruth

I'm actually really wanting a set of these wheels on my 2008 Supercharged full size but getting conflicting info on if they will clear the brembos. I was told the Range Rover Sport Supercharged of the same era (with the same engine) can fit the Compomotives if you reverse the harmonic block in the brakes. Does anyone know if these are the same Brembo brakes used on the full size L322 (pre 2010)? I reached out to Compomotive and they asked for a pic of my brakes and then never got back to me so will try again.

gatorgrizz27

I'm actually really wanting a set of these wheels on my 2008 Supercharged full size but getting conflicting info on if they will clear the brembos. I was told the Range Rover Sport Supercharged of the same era (with the same engine) can fit the Compomotives if you reverse the harmonic block in the brakes. Does anyone know if these are the same Brembo brakes used on the full size L322 (pre 2010)? I reached out to Compomotive and they asked for a pic of my brakes and then never got back to me so will try again.

I don’t believe they are the same. I haven’t compared them side by side, but the brake parts (pads and rotors) for my wife’s 08 RRSC are not shared with any other models.

Nathansharkey80

Update, found some rubbing on the right rear tire and I will install the lift kit now. Rubbing only occurs when suspension is fully articulated and the weight shifts to the back of the vehicle under acceleration when going up steep inclines. Under normal driving, there is no rubbing at all.

soflorovers

Update, found some rubbing on the right rear tire and I will install the lift kit now. Rubbing only occurs when suspension is fully articulated and the weight shifts to the back of the vehicle under acceleration when going up steep inclines. Under normal driving, there is no rubbing at all.

Love this build. Any update on the lift?

TBT323

So I was able to mount 285/65/R18 tires to my Range Rover L322 2012 5.0LV8 model using 18” compomotive wheels. No rubbing.

Nathan,

Were the 18x8 PD1881 able to be run on your 2012 without any modifications or spacers? I have a 2012 non-supercharged and I have not been able to find confirmation of these wheels fitting over the brakes. Thank you!

Nathansharkey80

Nathan,

Were the 18x8 PD1881 able to be run on your 2012 without any modifications or spacers? I have a 2012 non-supercharged and I have not been able to find confirmation of these wheels fitting over the brakes. Thank you!

No spacers required

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles