Kuhl clothing

DirtRoads

Observer
Yesterday, I was at a Gander Mountain store in Jackson Tennessee. I saw a brand called "Kuhl" and was intrigued because it is new (to me) in the area.

:sombrero:

I checked out some of their stuff, and I'm sure that it is right up the alley of some of the people over here. I tried on a pair of their pants, they put my Carhartts and Wranglers to shame for build quality and overall comfort. It seemed like these pants are worth trying out, if you haven't already.

I didn't buy any because they didn't have my proper size, but they are available online.

They are a little pricey at ~$60+, but they might be worth it. Here is a link to their website (they have more than just pants).

Anyway, just thought I would spread the word. It is so hard to find quality stuff in any industry these days, and finding even a pair of pants that gets the job done can be tough. Living in this part of the country, lots of the good stuff just passes us by.

-Drew

Sirocco

Explorer
thought I recognised the name.

We have them here in the UK, sold by an outdoor clothing chain that is focused on selling stuff cheap (and cheap stuff).

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/product-search/text/kuhl

didn't really give them much thought as the trousers they stock look too baggy to be of any real use. Will certainly go back and look at their shorts now though.

:)

Wander

Expedition Leader
I've got a few items-I like the shorts and the overall quality is good. I did have trouble with a shirt-it is organic dyed(whatever that means) and I got something on it so I sprayed some pre-treat on and got a bleached spot on the front of the shirt to is too obvious to overlook. I guess the organic dyes are very sensitive?

Observer
I have a bunch of their clothing and really like the quality, fit and function. The company has been at the Snowbird (local ski resort here in SLC) Octoberfest for the last month selling overstock inventory at reduced prices which has been a great deal. In their booth area they have had their 1972 Unimog displayed. Pretty neat vehicle! See: http://www.kuhl.com/pages/Kuhlmog.html

aires35

Adventurer
I bought one of they're long sleeve shirts. Got it from REI. Thing was they said it was pre-shrunk (shirt was 100% cotton), took it home washed it... let's just say it wasn't totally pre-shrunk. After having to endure my wife quoting a modified Andrew Dice Clay quote, "it's not the shirt that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat", I took the shirt back to exchange it. Nice thing about REI, no receipt, no tags, already been washed and no problem, "go get the size you need, sir." I love that.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Kuhl is a great company. They market to the mountain lifestyle crowd. It's well made, the prices are good, and the designs don't make you look like a zoo keeper on the loose. I'm so tired of the dude on safari look. Our retail store sells a ton of Kuhl every year. They make a great visor and some of their shirts are perfect for travel. Big fan.

As a fun footnote, they use a sweet '70s Unimog for some of their marketing and promotional projects. They're very proud of it.

http://www.kuhl.com/pages/Kuhlmog.html

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Yep, good stuff!
My favorite pants though, are my Mountain Khakis. Again, they're a little pricey, but super well built and comfortable.

chet

island Explorer
funny I'm wearing Kuhl pants right now! I like them and use them as work pants over the carharts most guys wear I find they have more aalowable movement to them. Seem super tough. A local outdoors chain carries them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior