Kudos to "The Last US Bags"

Although I kind of like the bags (they would be great in my boat, for instance), I feel that if the vehicle is ever left anywhere, those things are an invitation to an opportunistic thief. I can see things like this being useful in ,say, the military etc. where a vehicle isn't just left somewhere unattended.

But if the vehicle is not left, I very much "dig" the practicality of them - especially those for the "hull sides" (i.e the camper sides).

Funny you should mention this. I've been thinking of making a bunch of modular storage pouches for the rear seat of my crew cab. Even thought of those velcro patches, to attach tags labeling what's inside. After thinking about it for a while, I realized it's like put up a sign that says "steal this stuff". I would still like the pouches, but I need to figure out a less enticing installation. Maybe I can cover them all with something, like a blanket that is the same color as the interior of the truck.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Funny you should mention this. I've been thinking of making a bunch of modular storage pouches for the rear seat of my crew cab. Even thought of those velcro patches, to attach tags labeling what's inside. After thinking about it for a while, I realized it's like put up a sign that says "steal this stuff". I would still like the pouches, but I need to figure out a less enticing installation. Maybe I can cover them all with something, like a blanket that is the same color as the interior of the truck.

I had been thinking about a similar system like this until I saw this thread and what Pilat and you said. I hadn't really thought about that which is stupid on my part as I really like the anonymous "look" to keep the cretins from looking further at my vehicle. It's too bad as I think this seat back type system would work well. So maybe better to look for bags that can be labeled for easy grab and stow under the seat or in drawers.

I like seeing US companies doing well in areas that have been hurt by overseas competition so always good to know of successful local ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles