KTM 700RR ADV

Willman

Very cool. I have been drooling over the 690 for months now...

Interesting exhaust reroute...

Clutch

<---Pass
Interesting exhaust reroute...

Needed since it wouldn't clear the low tanks. More or less how all the rally bikes run them, since
they do not see very technical terrain.

If I would do a 690 it would be a bit more raw, no fairing.

Safari tank, a Giant Loop, and you're pretty much set. Not as dolled up
as the one above, but will get the job done.

921344184_Cq2HJ-L.jpg

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
we already have the replica thats available to own so i'm not sure where this fits in. i would be very happy with a regular ol' factory 690adventure, like what we all KNEW was going to be available when the 690 chassis was introduced.

Clutch

<---Pass
we already have the replica thats available to own so i'm not sure where this fits in. i would be very happy with a regular ol' factory 690adventure, like what we all KNEW was going to be available when the 690 chassis was introduced.

Aren't Rally Replicas around $30,000?

this kit is supposed to be roughly $5000, then of course getting it here from OZ would be $$$

I see Just Gas Tanks is carrying the Rally Raid kit. Which looks like it comes in at $3000. According to my fuzzy math :p

http://justgastanks.com/product_inf...Q&amp;osCsid=82edbc09d6637e65e9e08fb436367330
http://justgastanks.com/product_info.php?products_id=1508

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
your right, they are hoping for a final price of 5k or less for the kit and it will have everything to bolt on bigger fuel capacity and a replica fairing. its a far better price than a replica.

there are others out there as well. the rally raid kit has never looked quite right to me.

alberto dotri makes some great kits, and i like that you can keep the high exhaust.

http://www.albertodottori.net/ktm 690 kit afrrica race.htm

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Alberto's kit looks better than the other two, by far. Exhaust routing is much better.

I still see myself smashing it to bits. Ha!

Thanks Clay

ktm 690e rally 31.jpg

805gregg

Adventurer
I rode with a 690 for 12 days in Mexico's Copper canyon, great suspension, but it's really a race bike, no rear subframe, and HP in the high RPM range, the only way to carry gear is with a Giant Turd bag, the rear tank is a problem when refueling, needs premium gas, but great suspension, a uppie dual sport

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
check it out kermit, another option kit, looks like one of dotori's fairings i like so much http://www.ktmbasel.ch/defy-series-kit/ktm-basel-690-quest-the-ultimate-ultralight-travel-bike.html

That is pretty cool.

So is KTM selling the kit through the dealer then?

Not sure why KTM just doesn't build a 690 ADV, obviously there is a demand.

Why settle for a 690, my DR650 is now a 790, lots more power

It isn't all about sheer power, you have to get it to the ground. The DR's chassis/suspension is somewhat limiting
when you start pushing it. Start bumping up the power, then dive into the suspension, brakes etc...might as well bought a KTM 690
by the time you're done.

It is like trying to turn a Japanese MX bike into an Enduro, by the time you're done, you could of bought an existing Enduro model such as a KTM/Gas Gas/Beta/Sherco
and for cheaper.

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i have no idea, but your right about the demand, i think quite a few E buyers woulda bought an A if it was avail.

Last edited:

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
I rode with a 690 for 12 days in Mexico's Copper canyon, great suspension, but it's really a race bike, no rear subframe, and HP in the high RPM range, the only way to carry gear is with a Giant Turd bag, the rear tank is a problem when refueling, needs premium gas, but great suspension, a uppie dual sport

I put 21,000 miles on my 690R and it was fantastic! You can run with a giant loop type bag or you can run KTM luggage racks with hard bags...it's up to you. Plenty of extra fuel tank options. And, once you replace the weak upper mounts on the rear mounted tank, you wont ever have to worry about it. You don't need a subframe to have a great dual sport! The rear tank is a bit of a hassle to refuel depending on what luggage you choose to run...I'll give you that one. You regear a 690 like you would any other bike and you can put all kinds of power down wherever you choose. I have a 500EXC now but I do miss the amazing versatility that I found with the 690. Really a great bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles