Kootenay's Pro4X Frontier

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
If I remember correctly it is the 100RCC optioned out to be like the 100XR. Essentially a 100XR with the Contractor roof

Jc1986.carter

I have a quick question about the arb rear bumper. What did you do with the rear back up sensors? Did you just tuck them out of the way and if so did you pull the fuse for the warning beep?

Thanks.

kootenay

Back from Moab and had a great time. Did some mountain biking and few trails in the truck. I managed to do Metal Masher, played around on the first few ledges of Cliff hanger. Did night runs of Fins and Things and Poison Spider. Also rode in a jeep for Hells Revenge.

I have posted a few pics on instagram and will be posting more.

The truck was awesome, and the armour was used, a lot. The rear ARB bumper was essential and hit a lot on Metal Mashers ledge drops.
I have a quick question about the arb rear bumper. What did you do with the rear back up sensors? Did you just tuck them out of the way and if so did you pull the fuse for the warning beep?

Thanks.
For the back up sensors I just unplugged them at the chassis. No more beeping.

(none)

Adventurer
Thanks I will.

Just got back from an epic weekend. Chased and led a few Toyota guys around my backyard. Hit some amazing trails, found some old mines, and enjoyed some laughs, beers and views with old and new friends.

DSC_2044 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

Looks like I need to ad some more underbody plating. The Toyotas really do have better ground clearance. With the Oldman Emu's I still looked stock next to comparably lifted Toyotas, and I used my sliders more then anyone else. Not sure if I should lift more, or fit 35's? or maybe both

I can agree with the ground clearance observation. I've noticed teh same thing in a recent trip i took, my friend has a 2nd gen taco. our body sits much lower below the doors, so our sliders sit lower as well. My front skid plate is also lower, but then again, that's why i added the armor. Yep, my sliders and front skid get used, but there is no damage from it. Also, i do appreciate how flat our trucks are underneith. Once you get past the front skid plate, everything is pretty well tucked up.

(none)

Adventurer
Do you mind giving your opinion one he arb rear bumper? Thanks

I also have the arb rear bumper. As Koot did, i just unplugged the sensors. i think the camera is more handy anyways. I like the bumper 90%, i don't like the vertical metal piece and how far down the hitch is. It does sit a bit higher up than stock, but i still hit mine frequently and even small hits bend the bottom of the vertical piece (the metal with the holes on either side of the receiver). ARB does not have a great way to relocate the stock trailer wiring (i put a hole in the trim piece and put it between the license plate and left license plate light). I do like the step and side bars though.

kootenay

Who is running spacers with their Oldman Emu suspension? How much do you like it? And if you did it over again would you change anything?

jhberria

Adventurer
Who is running spacers with their Oldman Emu suspension? How much do you like it? And if you did it over again would you change anything?

I'm running 1.5 inch spacers on my OME HD coilovers. Have been for a while, it's a great setup. You'll be right at the extent of the downward travel range, but OEM brakelines are still fine.

Oh, and you'll need aftermarket upper control arms. I have SPCs.

Dmski

Adventurer

I also had this setup before I went titan swap. I actually really liked the way it rode. You definitely need aftermarket UCA's but your brake lines should be fine. Overall, I'd recommend this setup to anyone wanting to shoot for 2-3" of lift. You only sacrifice uptravel, but it certainly is a good lift for the price.

kootenay

I'm running 1.5 inch spacers on my OME HD coilovers. Have been for a while, it's a great setup. You'll be right at the extent of the downward travel range, but OEM brakelines are still fine.
Thanks for the input.

Oh, and you'll need aftermarket upper control arms. I have SPCs.
I also had this setup before I went titan swap. I actually really liked the way it rode. You definitely need aftermarket UCA's but your brake lines should be fine. Overall, I'd recommend this setup to anyone wanting to shoot for 2-3" of lift. You only sacrifice uptravel, but it certainly is a good lift for the price.
How was the ride vs titan swapped? I only want 2"-3" of lift max and am debating titan swap as well. I just do not think I want the increased track width.

Dmski

Adventurer
How was the ride vs titan swapped? I only want 2"-3" of lift max and am debating titan swap as well. I just do not think I want the increased track width.

You know, I actually really liked the OME ride quality. Hate the popping rear springs though... I had the medium duty kit and it rode really well. When I added the front bumper and winch, it would nose dive a tad more and I lost some height, but it has very similar driving feel to my current titan swap setup which is simply the OME rear leaves with the HD leaf added and the Tundra bilstein shocks and FJ coils up front. It's firmer than I'd probably like out back (waiting on a rear bumper). Up front it feels about the same with similar brake dive as the OME medium duty springs and bumper. Just more body role. Tough to say, if you are only looking for a few inches of lift, the OME with a spacer is the best budget option for sure. If you need more travel, like the wide look and want an M205 (kinda a moot point since the V8 pathy axles can get you an M205 in stock width) then I'd say titan swap is a win. For me, gearing of the 3.36 and a rear locker were my main reasons so just going a little wider and getting a better front diff happened to work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles