Kokopelli Trail Report

sinuhexavier

Explorer
Dragon said:
more
23237353cp4.jpg

Booooo on the tire tracks through the crytpo on the lower right side of frame, but I'm sure that wasn't you guys. Though it does look like the black FJ took liberties on where to park.

Looks like a great trip, I've only ridden it by bike and didn't realize there was a double track route as well, good to know.

Great pics!

uphill

Observer
The photo is a bit deceiving. The road in there loops around and is heavily impacted so the spot where the black FJ parked is actually next to a fire ring that somebody else used as a camping spot...and it's been there for some time, used by both bicycle riders and 4-wheel types.

And I have no idea who drove off the road to the right. The area is not far from Dewey Bridge and passenger car could make it in to that spot if they knew where to turn.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
This is my favorite shot from this trip report....
art1my2.png

that illustrates being in wide-open spaces, dependent on your vehicle and your gear.

Thanks to all of you for sharing!

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Kokopelli Trail Runner

Thanks for showing those pictures. Didn't mind seeing them again, at all. I have a question for you. I am pulling my offroad trailer. It's rolls on 33's and has 13" of ground clearance and has plenty of articulation in the suspension. (besides airing down) It's short, only ten feet long. Do you think I would have issue pulling my trailer thru this trail? I know Muddbaggins pulled his AT Horizon thru it but that was early this year or late last year? His Horizon is very close to the dimensions of my CJ-7 trailer. I'm pulling the trailer with my 03' Rubicon on 33" and 5" of lift-blown, so power isn't an issue.
I appreciate your input.
Joe

uphill

Observer
RunninRubicon said:
Thanks for showing those pictures. Didn't mind seeing them again, at all. I have a question for you. I am pulling my offroad trailer. It's rolls on 33's and has 13" of ground clearance and has plenty of articulation in the suspension. (besides airing down) It's short, only ten feet long. Do you think I would have issue pulling my trailer thru this trail? I know Muddbaggins pulled his AT Horizon thru it but that was early this year or late last year? His Horizon is very close to the dimensions of my CJ-7 trailer. I'm pulling the trailer with my 03' Rubicon on 33" and 5" of lift-blown, so power isn't an issue.
I appreciate your input.
Joe

I was with MUDDBAGGINS when he pulled his trailer through. You won't have difficulties if you take it SLOW through obstacles. If you're going it as one vehicle/trailer, make sure you have somebody who can spot you properly in the passenger seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles