Knife thread

ITTOG

I am not a knife guy but have noticed I have been considering spending some serious money on some.

The first one is my daily carry. The second one is my primary knife when camping. I bought it as a throw away to use on things I wouldn't use my main knife on. But I have been very impressed with how long it has lasted. The third knife is one I was considering on amazon a few weeks ago. I also have a friend who is good friends with a blacksmith. The blacksmith was on the show where they make knives and swords and he won. I have talked to him a couple times about having him build one for me but haven't pulled the trigger because he is getting close to $1,000 for his knives now.

71Ymc%2BZOQaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6144cRvEfzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61aGGrRBlTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CSG

Explorer
I recently bought the redesigned Benchmade Bugout 535BK2 during a member's sale at REI. I had a $10 dividend that I applied as well so the cost was $113 shipped including my state's sales tax. These are light knives (1.8 oz.!) designed for backpackers and hikers. I normally have carried a Mini-Griptilian as an EDC for 10-11 years but this one is lighter, carries more easily, and the larger size fits my hand better. Very slim profile. Not for heavy duty use IMO but none of the knives I've EDC'd are designed for batoning, etc.
535bk_bugout.png

Last edited:

ITTOG

I am not a knife guy but have noticed I have been considering spending some serious money on some.

The first one is my daily carry. The second one is my primary knife when camping. I bought it as a throw away to use on things I wouldn't use my main knife on. But I have been very impressed with how long it has lasted. The third knife is one I was considering on amazon a few weeks ago. I also have a friend who is good friends with a blacksmith. The blacksmith was on the show where they make knives and swords and he won. I have talked to him a couple times about having him build one for me but haven't pulled the trigger because he is getting close to $1,000 for his knives now.

71Ymc%2BZOQaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6144cRvEfzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61aGGrRBlTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is an example of a knife my friends friend makes. You can find more info at JBall on facebook.
Screenshot_20191115-222122.png

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
New EDC, Civivi "Little Fiend" in a stainless Damascus.
Nifty little flipper. 3" blade, ball bearing flipper action that's smoother than warm butter, perfect amount of detent, liner lock that needs no breaking in, G10 scales with enough traction for decent grip.
Simple, elegant, sharp as all get-out straight from the box.

Really hard to photograph the Damascus but you can get the idea:

LittleFiendOpen.JPG

LittleFiendClosed.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles