Knife thread

RockyMtn303

3-D627-FC1-894-E-4-E14-8194-750-D1-DA32-B78.jpg

BD015-D5-D-B159-458-E-BA8-C-81-D0-AF30-ED34.jpg

3-BC82-B08-193-F-45-FD-9-CC1-AC2-E98-D9-D944.jpg

B66-DD124-5-D70-4-B65-B7-BB-75-FEFC0-D99-DD.jpg

CSG

Explorer
I've always liked pocket knives (my grandfather was in the cutlery business). For about 30 years, I carried a Buck 501 Squire. Then, somewhere, I learned about Benchmade and their Griptilian knives. The one-hand opening and terrific blades on their knives sold me and for the last 10 years or so, I've carried a Mini-Grip. I've also got a few fixed blade knives stashed in packs in our vehicles - Mora, and Fallkniven (F1). The most useful knives I own are a wide variety of SAKs in various forms. Along with my Mini-Grip, I daily carry a Victorinox Ambassador which has a little blade, scissors, nail file, tweezers, and toothpick. I've carried a Victorinox (used to be the Classic) for over 45 years in concert with something else.

hemifoot

Observer
hey guys,i'm in the market for an affordable bowie to be used as an all around camp knife.i normally have my ka-bar handy but i want something with a little more heft/length.nothing fancy but i would like it to hold and edge.it will be abused so not looking for any big money blades. recommendations?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I'm a Chris Reeves fan and have managed to collect about 10 of them over the years...mostly older collectables. My daily carry is Mnandi and when I'm camping I carry a large Annual (my very favorite knife). It's the big one at the top.

The one in the middle has an awesome blade for piercing and abuse.

For daily use, I can't say enough good things about the Mnandi. My first one was wood handled and I lost it on a 7 day camping trip (the little one at the bottom). ?

It was replaced with the carbon fiber model. I have used to cut through some REALLY tough crap and it's still like new. Great darned EDC knife.

Not my pic:

Are there any other CRK nuts on the portal?

rayra

Expedition Leader
Really some beautiful work Peter, every aspect of it. Concept, design, styling, execution, the staging / photography too. Truly excellent.

I still haven't got to work on the modernized bowie. The blade and wood are just sitting on my project workbench, sulking. While I have occasional delusions of grandeur and consider acid-etching some sort of pattern into the blade.

FlipperFla

hey guys,i'm in the market for an affordable bowie to be used as an all around camp knife.i normally have my ka-bar handy but i want something with a little more heft/length.nothing fancy but i would like it to hold and edge.it will be abused so not looking for any big money blades. recommendations?
Check out Smoky Mountain Knife Works, ESEE and CRKT fan here. Happy shopping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles