Knife thread

ExpoScout

Explorer
I can see why. Any trouble with retention, or is the blade long enough that it mostly stays put?

Nope, the retention is awesome. When sheathed only the curl of the pommel sticks out, which is plenty to get your finger under and draw the knife.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
My dad bought me a Buck 119 lke this my first hunting season. I stll have it but its too valuable to use
em0rQzAkuI9au1Z42Jc3MaDhBSM

762X39

Explorer
I stll have it but its too valuable to use
em0rQzAkuI9au1Z42Jc3MaDhBSM
No knife is too valuable to use.I have a collection of very nice knives and all of them get used and sharpened as required (knives want to be used!). Only my Phrobis III/Buck M9 has been retired from active service (like me):coffee:.

SteveG

Adventurer
Agreed! It's like owning a car you don't drive....

I feel awkward when I give a gift and it never gets used. Show dad how much you like the knife. Use and enjoy the hell out of it!

Adventurer
HI All,
A Noobie question. How do you define a good knife? What makes a good knife? What kind of steel are you looking for?

Personally, I always carry a Swiss Army Knife. And I carry the biggest, baddest SA knife in my vehicle. Can't do without the magnifier and the toothpick!! But I know these are toys by your descriptions.

Thanks, Sparky

762X39

Explorer
A good knife is one that fits your needs but more importantly is one you use and carry most often! I am fortunate to have the means to purchase what I want but really, I have always purchased knives that I think will do the job I ask of them. At some point you just have to sh$% or get off the pot.:coffee:

java

Expedition Leader
here is my edc package, a a cheapie fixed blade ive had since high school and a CRKT M16-10Z

SteveG

Adventurer
Zero on hand.... You can still find them on ebay but people are gouging for them now. I would wait until they're back in production and buy when the price comes back down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94