Klr 650

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
There is already a company out there with a fairing protector and I'm sure more will be available shortly. I think the added protection that the fairing gives from weather and bugs makes up for a bit more fragility offroad.

And Chuck, I agree. I thought the red '08 that I saw yesterday looked way better in person the the photos that I saw.

805gregg

Adventurer
I don't want to dampen your spirits but I owned a KLR for 10,000 miles. Never did find out what it was good for, bad on road bad off road, save you money for a Suzuki Wee strom 650 cc but about 70 hp and v-twin engine, will do about everything a KLR will do but much more comfortable.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I'm going to look at an '06 tomorrow morning. If everthing looks kosher and he's willing to budge on the price a little I'm going to make an offer.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
805gregg said:
I don't want to dampen your spirits but I owned a KLR for 10,000 miles. Never did find out what it was good for, bad on road bad off road, save you money for a Suzuki Wee strom 650 cc but about 70 hp and v-twin engine, will do about everything a KLR will do but much more comfortable.

The Zuk is more then I want to spend for a new bike plus from everything I've heard not as capable offroad. Not that the KLR is spectacular either, but I think for the $, especially with the new upgrades, its really hard to beat.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
ChuckB said:
I'm going to look at an '06 tomorrow morning. If everthing looks kosher and he's willing to budge on the price a little I'm going to make an offer.

Chuck, have you had a chance to ride any KLR's yet?

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
No, not yet. I'm not currently licensed, nor ever ridden any bike at all. I just signed up for the MSF class next month... Call me crazy, but I believe that I found a good deal and I don't think that I can pass it up.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Just got back from looking at the bike. It was in excellent condition. I made an offer. I just have to wait to see if the first guy that looked at it is still interested. Hopefully, will know later today or tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles