verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder
Just traded my BMW for this:

1292.jpg

2205.jpg

It's more my style!

jadmt

ignore button user
I have had two killers, a 2002 and a 2009. other than being gutless pigs they are pretty awesome. if has not been done do the doohickey mod.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
From an aesthetics stand point I much prefer that era/gen of KLR to the current trim. Great bikes for what they are, as are the DR650's and XL650's. Congrats on the new bike!

jadmt

ignore button user
the two things that need improvement are the brakes and engine power output. Oh and fork springs once you improve the front brakes. Brakes and forks are easy fixes, lack of power not so much.

Last edited:

verdesard0g

the two things that need improvement are the brakes and engine power output. Oh and fork springs once you improve the front brakes. Brakes and forks are easy fixes, lack of power not so much.

It's just fine the way it is........perfect for a 71 year old geezer like me. So ********

jadmt

ignore button user
It's just fine the way it is........perfect for a 71 year old geezer like me. So ********

Sorry did not mean to hurt your feelings. I am an old geezer too. Just trying to help out. I figure I have put more miles on KLR's than most people. I won't post again. enjoy your bike. p.s. i have owned 3 oil heads including an R1100S which I put 40,000 miles on in 1.5 years.

verdesard0g

I must have a pms when I typed that but honestly the bike is just fine exactly the way it is.......

SidecarFlip

Everyone I know that has one (KLR) is an old geezer, me included. At my age (70), I don't need fast, I need quiet and reliable. I have a Triumph triple if I want to go fast. I think I might sell it. I like smelling the roses and burning a little oil too.

tatanka48

hada '91 & an '06

both beasts treated me well and never had to be retrieved by outsiders

i did learn to trailer mine over loooong distances to targeted riding areas where i could set up a base camp for day trips - 5 day loops

having a base camp allowed this CHRONOLOGICALLY ADVANCED CURMUDGEON to do some riding/camping then cycle back to it for a good shower & a day's rest b4 launching on another loop

i could/would pack several days gear and be off

once to the end of the pavement the fun could begin

all the way to the absolute southern tip of Texas where the Rio meets the Gulf

and across the Rio @ Los Ebanos(on the hand drawn ferry) over to Gustavo Diaz Ortaz, Mexico for lunch with friends

this type of adventure could have been had using other steeds butt the KLR is so adaptable for meer chump change it makes more adventures possible for the masses

btw, that particular adventure included riding up all the legally± rideable beach from the Mexican border to the Louisiana border ;-)

GOTTA LOVE THE KLR

T

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
The Toyota Land Cruiser of bikes......Congrats and enjoy!

I've had my 2003 for 16 years and it is still a pleasure to ride. MOF, Its getting prepped for a 1200 mile, backroad only, trail,mountain pass, camping everyday to Moab and back trip in July!

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I spent November riding a high mileage one around Patagonia. My first time ever really with a bike, it was a bit of a tractor and just keept going. An ongoing joke between my brother( who was also riding a KLR 650) and I was " KLR impervious to earthly conditions" The thing just kept going,

Congrats,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles