KLR 650 Lowering

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
I'm very interested in the newer KLR 650 but the 35" seat height seems like it might be too much of a stretch for me. Are there any options out there to lower it some? If so what are they and what will the net results be?

Mike

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply TACODOC.

Now if you lower ther rear of the bike do you need to do anyting to the front as well? If not how does it affect the handling characteristics of the bike? I know that these are pretty general questions, but I'm just trying to think through how one change will affect the rest of the package.

Thanks again,

Mike

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I've had two of the first generation KLR650's. I'm only 5'6.5" tall. I used lowering links on the second one I had. As I recall you also lower the forks a few inches to even it out. I did not like the look of the lowered one. It was a little better for me because I could actually touch both tippy toes at the same time rather than just one like with the first KLR I owned. Looking back I would have left it alone strictly based on looks. I did not really feel that much more in control but I am an experienced rider that has always had bike that are a little big for my height.

-m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94