Klean Kanteen: Stainless Steel Bottles

jdlobb

Adventurer
Just a follow-up to confirm: I am using the same SmarTube caps on a 40oz KleanKanteen and a 32oz Nalgene. The KK is about 3/4" taller, but some of that is cap design, so they're actually closer than I remember...

can you post a pic side-by-side?

joelbert

Adventurer
MaxPedition Holder & Klean Kanteen

Here it is in front of it and also inside it. This one doesn't have a pouch at the top, but if it did, it would be useable.

Inside
inside.jpg

In front of
outside_next_to.jpg

RotorHead04

Observer
I have a Klean kanteen 40 oz bottle. I love it and take it everywhere with me to the point the wife loves to tease me about it. However every time we go somewhere she is the one asking for a drink from it. Funny how that works. I only have one complaint. I have the standard non insulated bottle, I load it up with ice every chance I get because the summers here in TX are not the coolest thing around. This bottle sweats like theres no tomorrow. I always have to have a paper towel or something to place under it because it will most definitely leave a small swimming pool wherever it sits. I have considered purchasing the insulated an insulated bottle to eliminate this issue. Other than the excessive sweating when loaded up with ice I love it. As mentioned in many replies I too have never had any metallic taste. I have dropped it a time or two and taken a hammer and long punch to beat dents out. I love mine and would highly recommend one!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
can you post a pic side-by-side?
Here you go:
AZMsnygl.jpg

yP2oWmvl.jpg

uIkEn7Zl.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

ColoDisco

Explorer
I have been using my TAD gear edition insulated for 2 1/2 years every day for coffee. After I clean it it still has no residual coffee smell. Best Kanteen I've ever had.

image.jpg

762X39

Explorer
I purchased 2 Kleen Kanteens when they first came out. I have accidentally left water in one of them for about 2 years (misplaced it). Like my CF canteen that was misplaced for 18 years with water in it, there was no issue with taste. I have the 750ml ones and the lid size doesn't seem to be the same as anything else. I was hoping the that my Katadyn filter would screw on but no joy. Still, I love them and have bought more since then.:coffee:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Best bottles out there if you ask me. In fact, all Klean Kanteen stuff is awesome. Such a good product, I'm suspect of anyone who doesn't like them.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Keen Kanteen makes an incredible pint glass that is vacuum insulated. I drink everything out of it. Amazing how long it will keep things cold.

I use Hydro Flask for all my other growler or water stuff. Local company here in Bend and a bit more rugged in my opinion.

Same here. The KK pint glass is the best thing ever! Hydroflask growler is my go to for storage though.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

blkhwk

Observer
Own 2 27oz kanteens and they're the best bottles I've ever owned. Dropped them many times and have a few dents and scratches but still handle great.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I got a free pint cup from a friend of mine last weekend and not even 5 minutes later ordered 3 more for a set of 4 total for my camp kitchen. I love them so far and plan on also replacing my Nalgene bottle.

Mad Matt

Adventurer
I definitely prefer my Hydroflask bottles to my KK. I can leave my HydroFlask in my sweltering car all day and when I get off work its still full of ice (& water). KK are good, HydroFlasks are better.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I'll take that into consideration. I know that overland journal has some hydro flask with their log on them in their store.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Well I purchased a hydroflask about a month and a half ago, and yeah best water bottle ever. Has taken a serious beating and still going strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JosJoseph

Sorry, I have no experience with Klean Kanteen, recommend HydroFlask as an alternative. I am a big fan of it. One of my water bottles has been used for many years, and its insulation is still very good, it is amazing. I use my experience to assure you that Hydro Flask will not disappoint you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles