KK Liberty in the snow

kayadog

Adventurer
I though some people might be interested in my KK Liberty experience in this week's historic now storm in Northeastern Massachusetts. My Liberty is stock other than 235/75r16 Hankook ATM's and the front air dam removed. I recently moved into a new house and don't have a snow blower. I needed the get the Liberty out so I thought I'd have some fun and try and drive it out before spending 5 hours shoveling. The snow was drifted to the top of the hood for 15-20 feet then there was a 6 foot berm at the entrance from the plows. I put it in low range and was surprised that it moved 10 feet forward, pushing a large bow wave of snow. I stayed on the gas and the wheels would spin and then the brake lock differentials would kick in and move it forward. I backed up, cleared a little bit of snow around the tires and rear dif., then easily drove the final 10 feet out to the street right through the berm. The snow was very light and powdery but there was ice underneath and I was very impressed with the brake lock differential working with the Hankook tires.

My wife's QT1 WK with 245/70r17 Cooper AT3's was very impressive in the snow too on the poorly cleared roads. This was about as bad as winter driving can get, with the entire state shut down and snow amounts over 30".

Last edited:

orangeTJ

Explorer
I have Copper AT3s on my BMTw6w (big man truck with 6 wheels; AKA 2009 Silverado Dually Duramax/Allison) and have been impressed with them in the snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94