Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

Coachgeo

Explorer
I was going to post a couple pics of my chuck box but it says I am not allowed to?

To help stave off spammers it is common for new users to not be able to post pics or links till after they have posted in a discussion like 5 times or so. Easier to spot fakes that way cause they post out of context gibberish hoping no one sees it. Moderators usually catch it and remove it and ban them by the time they get to 5th post. So post up some valuable thoughts on a few things here and there and then you can post pics. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Mdmeltdown

Hey thanks Sky Gear.
h t t p s://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2949/32323147953_2190976d7c_b.jpg
h t t p s://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2932/33138808105_524493eb59_b.jpg
h t t p s://c1.staticflickr.com/1/435/32323147303_3f047cb37b_b.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
nice box you have :)

my chuck box

32323147953_2190976d7c_b.jpg

33138808105_524493eb59_b.jpg

32323147303_3f047cb37b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Mdmeltdown

So those coleman pics are from the second chuck box I made. The first one can be seen here --- h t t p s: / / w w w . y o u t u b e .com /wat ch ? v = nIST RqFn T V M

I made the Jerry can pressure sprayer I think everyone knows about. I took it one step further and added a sink on the back of my bigger sheet metal chuck box. The sink is actually a restaurant 1/4 pan rigged with a bar sink drain and closet shelving.
The sink stores in the box and can be taken out when I set up the box.

Back to the coleman box; I like my metal one, but for quick 2 day excursions, it's just a little too big. I wanted to make one that would fit the 424 series Colman stoves. I still can't fathom why Coleman never made one for this stove. Anyway, this one is made from 1/4 birch and is pretty light. If I made it out of pine, I guarantee it would weigh probably double. Mine is pretty simple and is self contained, has internally stored legs and doesn't need a table. I could have made side shelves, etc. but I think this one sits right in the sweet spot of being between an existing box sitting on it's side and one of those Kanz $600 ones.

I can post up some more pics of both if anyone is interested

Mdmeltdown

Both boxes are made to fit inside my Bantam trailer:
h t t p s://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8507/8572202104_9cbd983014_o.jpg

Drjames

Thinking about building a box to organize all my crap. Something small and sisimple. For the guyswhat have build one,How much though went into went into weather to build the box free standing? Most of the time I have a picnic table when I camp and when I do the box would be used in the truck. I guess the question is legs or no legs!

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Thinking about building a box to organize all my crap. Something small and sisimple. For the guyswhat have build one,How much though went into went into weather to build the box free standing? Most of the time I have a picnic table when I camp and when I do the box would be used in the truck. I guess the question is legs or no legs!
I wanted the same thing, small and simple (and cheap). I didn't want legs because my tailgate acts as my kitchen surface when parked if a picnic table isn't around. I don't have any pics but I was inspired by this woman on youtube who made a Chuck-box out of a Rubbermaid tub:

-No bolts, screws, or glue. All plastic, easily dismantled for cleaning.
-Emptied out it's a large storage tub that can be re-purposed for anything in an emergency.
-Fully functional on it's side, but non-drawer items (wet wipes, paperware, towels) still accessible when upright.
-Rain and weatherproof when upright.
-Mine has handle clips on it so it's small animal proof.
-Cost about $30 in materials.
-The same storage tubs I use for most of my bed storage so it nests together nicely in the back with everything else.

[video]https://youtu.be/HZYzLR3mX70[/video]

Matt.H

Adventurer
:chowtime: Since I looked at this thread it has seen its 1.5 millionth view. Who says ExPo doesn't run on its belly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles