Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
The only thing that might improve it would be to paint the board under it with never wet it could make clean up a lot better. I haven't tried it but if it'll keep mud off boots, I don't see how it would not benefit you here. I really love you concept.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

60Dan

Explorer
Cool! Doing something similar with an im2975 pelican case for my trailer. Using some lock in and out drawer slides for the stove, and tupperware containers. Went with a lid organizer for the smaller stuff

Where did you get the cables and hardware from?

Here it is. Not finished yet

pc.jpg

pc2.jpg

Ryanmb21, thanks for the question. The shelving section was actually designed as a insert since I too was having questions on how to affix the shelving one by one. The insert was constructed with Berch .5inch with both 2" staples and Gorilla Glue keeping it together. The completed unit is installed in the case via 5 Stainless bolts and nylocks very securely.

60dan, thanks and likewise great looking set up you have going on there! The cables I made with parts I picked up from my workplace, the other hardware I pick up from TrueValue Hardware.

K9lestat, Thank You, Mmmm interesting I will look into it.

Every Miles a Memory, Thank You! The bumper is a dual swing out so the tyre swings out to the drivers side and the Pelican swings to the passenger side so while set up at camp the tail gate is unobstructed. I'll post up pics soon

uscg2008

Explorer
Almost finished the Chuck Box today, have a little wiring for night lights to complete and that should be it.

12095476453_5cb4731c2d_c.jpg

12095570734_fdd4708228_c.jpg

The stove is fastened to the box lid and folds up into the case just by lifting the lid up and snapping the locks
12095633733_2feed959ea_c.jpg

Chuck Box build

Started with a used Pelican 1650 case, a Partner Steel 18" twin burner camping stove, sheet of .5inch berch plywood, 2 stainless tethers, and a handful of fasteners as well as a can of stain and two spray cans of satin clear.
Damn that's a cool idea I'm sure there would be a market out there for something clean and waterproof like that

caprocker

this box is sweet

The pelican box is exactly what i have been looking for to use as an idea. This is my first post on expedition portal but I have been lurking the site particularly this thread for a while. One of the things That I really like about the box is that its sealed. I can speak from several years of using an authentic ranch chuck box out here in texas that being well sealed is a big deal. My personal chuck box has been attached to my bbq pit/cooking trailer for the last several years. bugs , critters and moisture are a huge issue. I can see that the portability and solidity of it are big advantages. I will be building a new chuck box to go with my camp set up this spring. If I can find a good trunk or box to renovate in this fashion I may go for it.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
This is what I use, all stored into a Pelican Case, it isnt fancy but does the job.

Not pictured is my Coleman 2 burner stove, as well the plates and cutting board that goes in on top of what you see inside.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Damn that's a cool idea I'm sure there would be a market out there for something clean and waterproof like that

Very cool! Paul May (Equipt) has something similar made from an Alu-Box mounted on his Trailer. Just more ideas for those looking into going this route. VeryWell done! :bowdown:

summerprophet

Adventurer
After reading this entire thread, and drooling over some of the beautiful projects on here, I finally built my own chuck box.

While not near as pretty as some, or as compact, or as light, it suits my needs. I wanted a box suitable for 4, with enough countertop for preparing food as well as washing up, as well as having a folded up size to match my coleman cooler.

I still have to stain it, and make legs and handles, but that will have to wait until the next warm spell. From the photos, I think it is pretty obvious where I got my inspirations from..... if it was from you, thanks!

Chuckbox01.jpg

Chuckbox02.jpg

Chuckbox03.jpg

Chuckbox04.jpg

Arckon

Hello all,

Just registered to say this board got me motivated and inspired to make one. Ive been tweaking my plans for a week now and here the one im building tomorrow! Thanks

52'' long x 22'' depth x 36'' high

If anyone needs the google sketchup file let me know. Ill glady share them. Took me a while but it was fun.

chuckbox closed.jpg
chuckbox open front.jpg
chuckbox open.jpg

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
After reading this entire thread, and drooling over some of the beautiful projects on here, I finally built my own chuck box.

While not near as pretty as some, or as compact, or as light, it suits my needs. I wanted a box suitable for 4, with enough countertop for preparing food as well as washing up, as well as having a folded up size to match my coleman cooler.

I still have to stain it, and make legs and handles, but that will have to wait until the next warm spell. From the photos, I think it is pretty obvious where I got my inspirations from..... if it was from you, thanks!

View attachment 209845

View attachment 209847

That thing is the "Ultimate Transformers" chuck box! Pretty awesome!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles