Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

kraqus

Norcalwood
im confused as to what your comment is in relation to? my assumption that the poster works for said company? or that its cheap overpriced crap from china? no where did i say not to buy it.

that's your opinion tho. i however would rather support the north american economy. to each their own.

It was referred at your “Chinese made” comment. I know about cheap Chinese crap, I don't buy it or at least I try hard not to. But that is because they are usually copycats of an original product. I can find the original product made here or made in other countries…..most of the time.

I think this Kitchen has potential. It is a good design with room for improvement. I think it needs to be more customizable, like a removable sink or extended back table. How about an Umbrella right in the middle so the kitchen area is automatically protected from the rain….just to name a few.

I reward ingenuity and quality…..not price. I can care less if the product is made in Australia, Japan or Russia. If nobody else has the product, I will buy it…..including China! Yes, that is right, if some Chinese guy thought of a unique product that nobody else manufacturers, I will buy it…..it may not be the best quality but I would buy it if I have the need for such product.

Sorry for the derail!

Peace out!

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Here is my version I just got done with (still have to varnish it though)... It's a lot bigger than most of the ones on here, but it should work well for me. It slides out of my trailer on some plastic grooved Trex boards I ripped to fit as seen in the last picture of the Mock-up. The exterior is all 1/2 Maple veneer with 1x2 Maple on the bottom for the sliding surface. You can't see it in the pictures, but I have adjustable table legs that fold out to hold the unit up. I can also remove it from the trailer entirely if I want the kitchen away from the trailer, but that will be a two man job as it will weigh about 120 lbs with all the pots, plates, etc. packed inside. Also, I'll probably be selling my current CampMate if anyone local is interested unless my family takes it. Keep an eye out on the for sale section in the next week.

The plastic boxes slide in the space under them, and the sink folds up on top:

20130316_112144_zps5fc6749b.jpg

20130325_174548_zps504e800e.jpg

20130325_174508_zpse77aa905.jpg

20130316_113250_zps486490c8.jpg

20130310_125227_zpsf990de18.jpg

20130302_151027_zps2c784c83.jpg

Don

-

Last edited:

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
The Grub Hub stores all camp kitchen gear in just 38" x 24" x 15" of space then sets up in about 3 minutes to make an extremely complete outdoor kitchen (or Grub Box, Chuck Box, Camp Kitchen, etc.).
View attachment 152461View attachment 152462

It is a patented new product and the technology takes advantage of an aluminum frame, nylon storage components and molded tables. The small footprint reduces space needed for camping and overland travel and the units are really built to last. When set up, the Grub Hub provides over 9 sq ft of table space including the central stove support platform. These units keep everything at hand and the tower provides an excellent support for lighting.
View attachment 152464
The Grub Hub may be described as a "pack" that turns into the kitchen.

Limited edition versions are now available with wooden tables.
View attachment 152463

Enjoy Grub Hub Outdoors Video: More at www.grubhubusa.com

Weird...I know a couple of people in that video. Small world.

preacherman

Explorer
Here is my version I just got done with (still have to varnish it though)... It's a lot bigger than most of the ones on here, but it should work well for me. It slides out of my trailer on some plastic grooved Trex boards I ripped to fit as seen in the last picture of the Mock-up. The exterior is all 1/2 Maple veneer with 1x2 Maple on the bottom for the sliding surface. You can't see it in the pictures, but I have adjustable table legs that fold out to hold the unit up. I can also remove it from the trailer entirely if I want the kitchen away from the trailer, but that will be a two man job as it will weigh about 120 lbs with all the pots, plates, etc. packed inside. Also, I'll probably be selling my current CampMate if anyone local is interested unless my family takes it. Keep an eye out on the for sale section in the next week.

20130316_112144_zps5fc6749b.jpg

20130325_174548_zps504e800e.jpg

20130325_174508_zpse77aa905.jpg

20130316_113250_zps486490c8.jpg

20130302_151027_zps2c784c83.jpg

Don

-

That is way slick. Great work!

03rubicon

Adventurer

Don

-

Interested in how well the Trex does to allow "slipping" the box out of the back. This route would be a much cheaper avenue for me instead of buying $200+ sliders that large to get my box to slide out of my trailer.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Interested in how well the Trex does to allow "slipping" the box out of the back. This route would be a much cheaper avenue for me instead of buying $200+ sliders that large to get my box to slide out of my trailer.

It works very well as a low friction surface and will keep things aligned well, but I don't think they'll ever be as good as a quality pair of full extention slides. My problem is that at almost 6' long and needing a 250lb+ capacity, they would be crazy expensive instead of the $20 the Trex and maple cost. Basically, my opinion is that if you can afford the slides, use them, if not, improvise.

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94