Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

lfaust58

Hey, Lupinsea---

I'm a Scout leader in Spring Hill FL. Sadly, our troop uses Action packers as patrol boxes. Gear just gets tossed in and they quickly become unorganized. I'd appreciate getting word of when you'll have your chuck box plans ready. Sounds like a great project for our patrols!

Larry
lfaust58@gmail.com

bump

Hi,
I bought two of these Campmate boxes based on the reviews here and they are great. Unfortunately, the way we camp is changing because of our kids getting a bit older and I am think of selling them. The Campmates not the kids. One has all the stuff it came with the other does not. One is green and the other blue. I'd rather sell them to someone on here that to push them out on eBay later in the year to a stranger. Is anyone interested?

lfaust58

Interested in Campmate boxes

How much for both?

Larry
lfaust58@gmail.com

Hi,
I bought two of these Campmate boxes based on the reviews here and they are great. Unfortunately, the way we camp is changing because of our kids getting a bit older and I am think of selling them. The Campmates not the kids. One has all the stuff it came with the other does not. One is green and the other blue. I'd rather sell them to someone on here that to push them out on eBay later in the year to a stranger. Is anyone interested?

Woodhunter

Say, a great finish for your top would be to use a two part epoxy resin. They cure rock hard and take a beating real well. I have used it for bar tops for Bars as well as for outdoor bar tops and walking staffs for my scouts. It works great for fiberglass ing a boat so it's awesome for a patrol box.

bump

Campmate Chuck Boxes
Last fall several sold on fleabay for surprising money; $200- $300 not including shipping. Some didn't have all the original stuff. I'm not excessively proud of these but I also paid a bit for them (bought one for a bro-in-law whose wife decided her idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn Express) and am not looking to lose money. I am in So Cal if that helps someone local. Otherwise I can ship UPS. Let me know which one you want (blue or green) and whether or not you want all the plates and stuff. Both have the stainless hangers I think and all that. One has instructions. We've added some things too like table cloths and so forth but I am open to all ideas. One has a very small tab broken off but I have the tab (was broken when I bought it) and never attached it because it doesn't serve a real purpose IMO. If it was me I'd just file the area smooth. Other than that, both are pretty close to new condition. Not sure what the rules are here about selling and don't want to cause any problems. Perhaps we should do this via PM? Or email? Let me know. Thanks.

Joe Baughman

Grub Hub Camp Kitchen

The Grub Hub stores all camp kitchen gear in just 38" x 24" x 15" of space then sets up in about 3 minutes to make an extremely complete outdoor kitchen (or Grub Box, Chuck Box, Camp Kitchen, etc.).
Dual View IMG_8472 sm.jpgGrub Hub front qtr right IMG_8677 med.jpg

It is a patented new product and the technology takes advantage of an aluminum frame, nylon storage components and molded tables. The small footprint reduces space needed for camping and overland travel and the units are really built to last. When set up, the Grub Hub provides over 9 sq ft of table space including the central stove support platform. These units keep everything at hand and the tower provides an excellent support for lighting.
DSCN9384 EK trip gold buttes gh car tents.jpg
The Grub Hub may be described as a "pack" that turns into the kitchen.

Limited edition versions are now available with wooden tables.
View 3 DSC_0001 lg GREEN sm.jpg

Enjoy Grub Hub Outdoors Video: More at www.grubhubusa.com

kingg5

Adventurer
^^ sounds like he works for them.

300+$ for a chinese made fabric kitchen? seriously? more than a bit overpriced.

kraqus

Norcalwood
^^ sounds like he works for them.

300+$ for a chinese made fabric kitchen? seriously? more than a bit overpriced.

I disagree, if it serves MY purposes I will buy it.

Joe,
I like your design, but I wish you could offer a different configuration.
I have no need for a "Sink", and I think I could use the table space instead.
Also the back table needs to double in size. Add and extension to it.
Please forward that to the Design department.

Benny

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Looks like a cool enough design, I only question having a fabric/nylon bag hanging over a open flame? I've been cooling on our camp stove on many a windy days when a flare up occurs. I'd worry about catching that fabric on fire or having it melt

Other than that, it looks like something that could be fine tuned to your specific needs easy enough

kingg5

Adventurer
I disagree, if it serves MY purposes I will buy it.

Joe,
I like your design, but I wish you could offer a different configuration.
I have no need for a "Sink", and I think I could use the table space instead.
Also the back table needs to double in size. Add and extension to it.
Please forward that to the Design department.

Benny

im confused as to what your comment is in relation to? my assumption that the poster works for said company? or that its cheap overpriced crap from china? no where did i say not to buy it.

that's your opinion tho. i however would rather support the north american economy. to each their own.

Dennx

Adventurer
Grub Hub is a North American company based in Utah. I have one and it works great for my needs. Everything in one place, ready to deploy for kitchen duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior