KiraVan - The Most Insane Truck Ever Built

tin

Observer
Read the article... what a disillusioned man... seems like he has OCD about solving imaginary problems like how to watch Sesame Street while off-roading..

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Read the article... what a disillusioned man... seems like he has OCD about solving imaginary problems like how to watch Sesame Street while off-roading..
When you take into account his resume this just seems like a dinky side project for him.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
well if i put all that in a vehicle for the purpose to traveling with my four year old, trying to make her comfortable to help keep her occupied and comfy, why not. it his project he is building it how he feels he needs to. everyone is eccentric to a degree about something. i am 45 with a 4 and 2 year old, i bought a 4x4 van to take them places to see things too. there are things not essential that i plan on placing in the van for them(knowing ill get ribbed for it) but that's what i want to do for them.

another thought is maybe this thing is a prototype for something they may market commercially and individually. studio execs and industrial uses are quite feasible.

patoz

Expedition Leader
When you take into account his resume this just seems like a dinky side project for him.

That was my thoughts exactly! He built it not only for expedition camping, but for research (work) also. If you enlarge the picture with all of the writing on it, and look carefully you'll see it says, "Research And Expedition Vehicle System" on the side in the raised area behind the cab.

mapper

Explorer
Wow...Among other things, this guy is really concerned about having extensive, high-powered lighting options.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

I didn't get that at all. He seems like an extremely smart and creative guy who has made a huge amount of money and is able to indulge his whims on little projects like this. I'm guessing he already has a jet or two so this is a minor expense.

Cole

Expedition Leader
If you have the skills and funds to dream big on something like this for your kiddo, why not?! Seems like he enjoys the process!

Ramjet

Explorer
It's about his kid plain and simple. I know each and everyone of you that have children, whether toddlers or grown up, would go to the end of the earth to make your child happy. That's what he did. I would do the same, but i only have about 20 bucks to spend. :)

Riptide

Explorer
I think it's great. And after the Maxi-Mog he did awhile back, I can see where this one didn't fall far from the tree. After all, he's got a kid now...

It's funny, and cool, to see what lengths we will go to for our kids, no matter where you fall on the income slider. I hope he keeps at it. The shame would be, however, to spend all his time building, and thereby less of it exploring with his family. They truly do grow up so fast.

AMBOT

Adventurer
I'm thrilled to see this, and that I share specific design ideas with him. One being Drone deployment... if you have not flown a DJI Phantom Vision or witnessed its technology, you're missing out on some cool stuff. Launching a drone from your roof top hatch, controlled via remote video feed from the amplifier mounted to your... pneumatic telescoping poll which to affix a variety of gear, including antennae, cameras, lights, thermal imagery, PTP Microwave, Wifi Range Extenders, wind generators, weather stations.

This thing is the result of Big Thinkers and Big Doers. This is like NASA building a RV for Mars. I love the slide out cook top, lots of innovation and ideas in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94