Kingdom Camping Trailers

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

No but I’ve been following their posts, their new 17’ model looks intriguing, price point seems almost too good to be true! I think they’re still building their prototype of the bigger camper

I agree. $51,500 for a 7 x17 box trailer with CM w/ on board air compressor, lithium, solar, 12v frig,skid plates insulated tanks, roof rack , 12v ac, heated floor, back up camera. What really makes me wonder is dry weight 3,000 lbs. Flat out not buying that.

Treefarmer

Sent them a message asking if they were considering building a four wheel version with a higher CCC. Until they more info. on their website, they look like a group of guys building custom order trailers on the side. I an't find any details about the company.

Sent them a message asking if they were considering building a four wheel version with a higher CCC. Until they more info. on their website, they look like a group of guys building custom order trailers on the side. I an't find any details about the company.

I have chatted with Jamin and have been pretty impressed with his design and building skills. He seems to be a small start up but I believe it's a full time endeavor. He may work with you on upgrades that hit your needs.

Treefarmer

Is anyone following this forum planning on visiting the Kingdom Camping booth at the Overland Expo in Loveland Aug 26-28 (Booth C93)? It would be helpful to get some feedback from someone who came face to face with owner(s) and the trailer.

rehammer81

Did anyone that went to the Overland Expo this past weekend stop by the Kingdom booth?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rehammer81

Just saw a new post from these guys on Facebook. They are looking to offer a tandem axle version in 2023 that will use the Cruisemaster ATX suspension. I'm very interested in Kingdom but sure would like to see them communicate more to the public about their offerings. They are advertising a much more fair and reasonable price for their caravan in comparison to other recent offerings. I understand they are a very small operation at this point though.

Treefarmer

I'm working with Jamin to build this trailer. I was waiting to post anything here until we had more information to offer, but you're right, our goal is to take delivery of the new trailer at the end of March or early April. One of the MANY items we specifically called for was the CM ATX with disc brakes. We'll have more info. as we get into the design process. If/when we get it built as planned, this will be a larger trailer than most people here are interested in (9,820 GVWR), but it will be much closer in cost to an Ember than an Xplore X195! More to come. ?

rehammer81

I'm working with Jamin to build this trailer. I was waiting to post anything here until we had more information to offer, but you're right, our goal is to take delivery of the new trailer at the end of March or early April. One of the MANY items we specifically called for was the CM ATX with disc brakes. We'll have more info. as we get into the design process. If/when we get it built as planned, this will be a larger trailer than most people here are interested in (9,820 GVWR), but it will be much closer in cost to an Ember than an Xplore X195! More to come.
Interesting for sure. It might be too big for me but if you/they can pull it off with quality construction and a "reasonable" price in comparison to the X195/Roamer 1 then I'll be excited. It is going to take a manufacturer willing to build a nice quality rig at an attainable price to try and create positive change in this off-road trailer market. There is a place for upper end uber luxury and a place for lowe end entry level offerings but we need that higher quality middle ground.

Any chance you can give us some teaser design goals? Trying to make a north/south queen work? Full en suite bath or wet bath? What is the target sleeping number?

Treefarmer

Sure, here are some basic items:

We've been living and traveling full time for more than 10 years, and researching our next trailer for the last three years, so we have a pretty good idea of what we want/need out of a trailer. We have three pages of specs (and growing) into Jamin at Kingdom, and he is easily handling them all. We are building differently than most people so our requests will seem odd at times. The important thing to note, is that the size of trailer will accommodate all kinds of sleeping and living arrangements.

We are two adults and two big dogs, so we're building without a dinette of any other built-in furniture in the main area. This will give us a larger space to have dog beds and provide our own "portable" chairs and tables as needed. It will also give us room to have a privacy partition between the north/south queen bed, which isn't usually seen in off road travel trailers of this side.

A wet bathroom is a must for us (we hate wet baths). After living with an 80 gallon black tank for all these years, and after a lot of research, we're skipping the black tank and going with a dry flush toilet (Separett Tiny).

Another big issue for us is true four season capability. All of the aluminum studs in the box will have insulation INSIDE the studs as well as insulation and vapor barriers to prevent thermal transfer through the studs as much as possible. The underbelly will be enclosed and insulated with heat ducted to the any areas where there is any plumbing. The fresh and gray tanks will also have 12v heating pads. We will use a Truma Combi for on demand hot water and ducted heat.

We'll be running everything on electric (except the Truma Combi) and will never be plugged in to shore power, so we have a big solar system planned. The only thing on the roof will a 12v AC unit and solar panels. The panels will be mounted on a racking system rather than glued, screwed, and Dicored into the roof. We may be able to fit 1,800 watts up there. There will be a 50 amp service, 3,000W inverter and possibly a 48v system rather than the usual RV 12v system.

To support all this, we'll have a steel frame that hot dipped galvanized (inside and outside), followed by a primer coat and a black coat finish (no shiny metal anywhere).

That's a pretty good start! Since we're still in design stage, if you have any other ideas, let us know. Thanks!

I'm working with Jamin to build this trailer. I was waiting to post anything here until we had more information to offer, but you're right, our goal is to take delivery of the new trailer at the end of March or early April. One of the MANY items we specifically called for was the CM ATX with disc brakes. We'll have more info. as we get into the design process. If/when we get it built as planned, this will be a larger trailer than most people here are interested in (9,820 GVWR), but it will be much closer in cost to an Ember than an Xplore X195! More to come. ?

I have feeling this camper is going to be special. To have everything you want for full timing and to have by spring that is awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles