Kimbo Campers

been following their facebook for years. Now finally in production. Pretty cool engineering. They are also coming up with a camper for a full size truck...

richxd87

Observer
Any thoughts to the effectiveness of the window AC unit tucked into this box here?

kimbo-truck-camper-1.png

kimbo-truck-camper-7.png

dreadlocks

teardroppers been doing that for eons, seems to work fine.. alot more cost effective than a roof top unit.. as long as the condenser dont dump water inside because of poor drainage dunno what'd be wrong with this.. at least one of the lil campers my dad had when I was growing up had a window unit bolted to it.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I like the look of the interior. I have an empty van that is going to be totally redone over the next few years and I had pre-finished baltic birch cabinetry in mind (to avoid lacquer or poly).

The Dickinson stove is a nice touch too. Looks cozy in there.

richxd87

Observer
I'm alluding more to the fact that it "seems" rather enclosed and not really knowing how much airflow/ventilation a window unit like this would need, and how its actually vented in this particular case. I'm interested in applying it in a similar manner to my truck camper, would like to use a window unit without opening up a big hole to hang it through.

Thanks for the insight fellas.

Porkchopexpress

It looks like this unit here:

From the picture, it seems to be mounted facing the truck cab with a little space on either side but it definitely seems inefficient. Not only does the airflow seem restricted but aluminum conducts heat very well.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
How are these not getting more attention????

I am going to be hated for saying this, but it’s probably because spending $15-$25,000 on a portable unabomber shed is not appealing to most people. It is certainly unique, but looks more like something cobbled together rather than thought out. I’m only going off the photos on their website, but I live 15 mins away from where they are built so maybe I need to go see one in person?

Mnbogboy

One plus I see is the insulated/frameless construction helps eliminate thermal conductivity problems associated with aluminum framed units. Disadvantage may be the added weight of the "thicker" skin.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Need to work on that exterior aesthetic. It's a bit ugly.

Fullsize 6.5' better have a nice shower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94