Kimberly financial restructure ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
That's a curious mention of the ex-wife in that article. I wonder if the restructure is part of a divorce tactic.

would make sense from a legal financial point with a lawyer saying OK this is what you have to do kinda thing :)

if it is as dutch says :)
hope the other side does not start playing chess with the company ? but reckon that might happen

still interesting to read/see as they seemed to be one of the better big players in the market :)

Romer

Adventurer
According to the Australian Kimberley private forum they seem to be operating well and doing a better job with customer service

Honu

lost on the mainland
tried to find a update cant find much ? so looks like a restructure is still going on ?
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....89659370/924feb64-a9ee-46a4-a2f1-565056ad0a45
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....purpose=All¬icestate=All&companyname=+Kampers

found this with their new unimog camper (working with another company) so looks like they are still doing new things :)
https://www.timetoroam.com.au/six-best-caravan-show/

and found this which is interesting read
https://www.caravancampingsales.com...alian-manufacturers-must-unite-or-die-111866/

MuruCycles

not sure about customers and the like. But the terms of their "restructuring" involved paying their existing suppliers and vendors something like $0.06 in the dollar on moneys owed.

If I was a supplier... I'm not sure I'd want to supply them ever again after that.

They've also lost several long standing interstate dealers.

Chatter on some forums and pages suggests that their quality control wasn't up to scratch over the last year (or thereabouts). Especially on the Kruisers and Karavans.

Romer

Adventurer
What I know is the Australian group of Kimberley owners is very happy with the new owner and they are still making and delivering products. These folks were Bruce's (previous owners) biggest critics

Part of the reason they had to go through liquidation was Bruce and his wife were getting a divorce. Below is a summary from the Kimberley private forum in Australia. They have been in touch with the new owners. I also read on that forum that new deliveries of product are still happening. Since the below, I understand Bruce now has nothing to do with the company at all

Todd is now the owner and sole director of the Kimberley Group. Bruce Loxton is no longer a shareholder, but has been retained in a consultative capacity to assist in the continued development of Kimberley products. The financial situation of the business has now been secured and the company has no loans outstanding. Todd pointed out that no customer has been impacted by the events of the last few months and that the delivery of Kimberly products to customers continues in line with schedules provided to dealers.
The Kimberley Group has been restructured into two business entities with one focused on delivering Kimberley products to customers by way of a greater emphasis on standardised components and improved quality control. The other dedicated to developing the Kimberley products, testing the product and sourcing components worldwide. The intellectual property in the Kimberley products remains within the Kimberley Group and the product development group is focussed on enhancing this company asset.
Concerns have been expressed as to the effect the ownership change and business restructure may have on existing and future warranty claims. Todd emphasised that the business will be honouring all warranty commitments.
Comment has been made that the payment of six cents in the dollar to unsecured creditors detailed within the Deed of Company Arrangement may mean that the Kimberley Group would no longer have the ongoing support of suppliers of components and fabrication. Todd stated that not one supplier has indicated that they would not continue to work with and support Kimberley. Todd also pointed out that several of the components that had been used by Kimberley for a long time have been phased out and replaced by new globally sourced components. To support customers, Todd said that Kimberley would liaise with relevant suppliers to source any parts needed for superseded components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94